• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plummer had a great game

28 minutes ago, NAS said:

So is this going to be a thing?  Does Idzik get to call the plays at some point this season?

I think this is strictly a developmental thing. Get him some experience calling plays without any of the pressure/expectations

idk how it’ll play out but for the first time maybe ever in panthers history it feels like there is an actual plan for development in place  not only in the roster but on the coaching staff  

i love it but I’m a glass half full kind of dude

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, NAS said:

So is this going to be a thing?  Does Idzik get to call the plays at some point this season?

I think it was just a way to get Idzik's feet wet as a play caller in the event Canales wants to step away from calling plays and focus on more overall team stuff or Idzik gets a future opportunity elsewhere.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I don't pay much attention to pre-season football in general accept for the last game. We all focused on Young and we were not disappointed. I've read many comments around here that Plummer had been pretty bad the first 2 games but I didn't watch those so I can't say. I may go back and watch him specifically if I have some time to waste. But against the Bills the undrafted rookie looked pretty dang good to me. He plays with energy. He moves around the pocket pretty well and he made some good throws. Looks like he goes through his progressions too. Was it perfect? No, but no one should expect it to be. But I saw potential in that game. I can understand why he's made it this far. For a rookie QB that was good. For an undrafted rookie QB that was fantastic. He played better in that game than Bryce did in his rookie pre-season. He needs time and coaching but if he can make the team, I think Canales could turn him into a legit NFL QB. I think that would be great for us. If he could develop into Dalton's replacement in a couple of years that would be a big win and if he looks good in that role he could one day lead to a big trade with a team desperate for a QB and help the game even more. 

Canales mentioned him immediately at the start of his presser. He said he took full advantage of his opportunity and I agree. 

I think he earned the spot for now. What about you? Did you see enough from Plummer against the Bills to think he should be our 3rd QB?

It will be interesting to see if he is signed to the taxi squad. This is Dalton’s last year unless resigned, it will be interesting for sure. He certainly looked better. 

12 hours ago, jb2288 said:

To be honest, I’m not seeing anything you’re saying. He didn’t have a great game, he missed some wide open throws. I think he just looked really good compared to the bar he set with the first 2 games 

He had a bunch of yards and hit on some things for the casuals. He threw way behind Legette on a wide open crosser causing the same casuals to dump on Legette. I feel sorry for any WR not named Legette, Thielen, or Johnson that was trying to get evaluated this preseason.

17 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I may go back and watch him specifically if I have some time to waste. But against the Bills the undrafted rookie looked pretty dang good to me.

I strongly recommend you not to go back and watch the first two preseason games to evaluate Plummer, unless you want to lose all hope you currently have in our QB3. The only, and I mean only, positive you will see is that he was able to bounce back and have a nice Game 3. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 2

15 hours ago, fanpanther said:

Just looking at stats from the game his stats were on par with byoung or better .  So looking at this one game they both had really good games .   

He made sonìme nice scrambles and throws on the run. That floater he threw for a TD was perfect and he threw a dart to the back of the EZ between defenders. I didn't expect that pass to make it tbh. 

Again, it wasn't perfect but that's exactly the type of play you want to see in a pre-season game from a rookie QB. Many of the highly drafted QBs don't have a game like that in their first pre-season. Not everyone can do some of the things he was doing in that game. 

15 hours ago, jb2288 said:

To be honest, I’m not seeing anything you’re saying. He didn’t have a great game, he missed some wide open throws. I think he just looked really good compared to the bar he set with the first 2 games 

72% completion and 125 passer rating is pretty good no matter what he did before 

• Flames 1