• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plummer had a great game

I don't pay much attention to pre-season football in general accept for the last game. We all focused on Young and we were not disappointed. I've read many comments around here that Plummer had been pretty bad the first 2 games but I didn't watch those so I can't say. I may go back and watch him specifically if I have some time to waste. But against the Bills the undrafted rookie looked pretty dang good to me. He plays with energy. He moves around the pocket pretty well and he made some good throws. Looks like he goes through his progressions too. Was it perfect? No, but no one should expect it to be. But I saw potential in that game. I can understand why he's made it this far. For a rookie QB that was good. For an undrafted rookie QB that was fantastic. He played better in that game than Bryce did in his rookie pre-season. He needs time and coaching but if he can make the team, I think Canales could turn him into a legit NFL QB. I think that would be great for us. If he could develop into Dalton's replacement in a couple of years that would be a big win and if he looks good in that role he could one day lead to a big trade with a team desperate for a QB and help the game even more. 

Canales mentioned him immediately at the start of his presser. He said he took full advantage of his opportunity and I agree. 

I think he earned the spot for now. What about you? Did you see enough from Plummer against the Bills to think he should be our 3rd QB?

• Pie 1

Mike White was just cut and he's much better.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

He looked like a different player than his first two preseason games and even his Louisville season. That said I wouldn't hesitate to replace him with DTR or someone of that caliber once cuts go down

I agree he looked totally different and comfy. Who knows he already got the off-season in this system and you need a PS QB. I'd wait to see if better QBs are released, like White. Lance and Wilson could be cut among other "names". But any new QB would need to learn the system, but PS QBing is more about knowing or showing the current opponents' offense. 

It was one of the biggest improvements Ive seen in PS, those first two games were some of the worst QB play Ive seen since teblows. That 3rd game he was in control and pushing the ball like a real QB. 

• Pie 2

I guess we seen a glimpse of what the coaching staff has seen in practice. The bar is pretty low for an Undrafted Rookie FA QB in his first few preseason games, so I really wasn't expecting much. I liked that he seemed to be better in each game.

Let him sit on the practice squad for a year and go through another camp. Could be a solid back up one day.

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 2

He had a legit great game, it was great to see.

I think he makes it to the PS and sticks there this year unless an injury to either Dalton or Bryce brings the need to call him up permanently.

BTW, don't know if you guys know this but Idzik was calling plays the second half of the game.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

BTW, don't know if you guys know this but Idzik was calling plays the second half of the game.

So is this going to be a thing?  Does Idzik get to call the plays at some point this season?

To be honest, I’m not seeing anything you’re saying. He didn’t have a great game, he missed some wide open throws. I think he just looked really good compared to the bar he set with the first 2 games 

• Pie 1