• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kickoff rule

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They made it the most boring play in football, and now they're trying to make it more interesting.

They made it boring in the name of player safety, and now they're attempting to thread the needle and have an interesting play that doesn't disproportionately injure players. That's fine by me, and I just can't understand opposition to it other than just an outright opposition to change on principle.

16 minutes ago, travisura said:

They made it boring in the name of player safety, and now they're attempting to thread the needle and have an interesting play that doesn't disproportionately injure players. That's fine by me, and I just can't understand opposition to it other than just an outright opposition to change on principle.

I'd rather just give the team the ball on the 20, but we'll see how it goes this year.

2 hours ago, travisura said:

Am I to understand that people are actually upset that they got rid of the most boring play in football and are trying something in hopes of making it more interesting? 

Yes.  People can be very slow to change. I understand what they are trying to do. they want to make the kickoff more exciting and at the same time try to keep it safe. It is a bigger challenge than people realize.