• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Surprises

Who do you think will be the biggest surprises on the roster???

1.  Andrew Raym - Looked good today.. Think Moton, Lewis, Corbet, Hunt, Icky, BC, Yosh, Zavala, are the core OL guys.  Yosh isn't 100% so I think it makes sense to keep an actual center and Anderson.  This allows BC to focus on being a the swing tackle.

2.  Jordan Matthews makes the team.  Ian Thomas needs to either go the the PUP or get cut.  His energy and work ethic is needed on this team.

3.  ISM gets cut for David Moore 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't see ISM getting cut for Moore unless he's banged up bad.  Neither are very good but ISM has the special teams thing going for him.

I was pretty surprised with how Raym played.  Never even heard of the guy and didn't hear his name called today.

Agree on both points. 

Would be nice to have some surprise depth at OL - especially at the center position.

• Beer 2

Not sure what game you watched but ISM won the returner job today. He’s not getting cut, he might go to short term IR if his injury is bad enough and that opens the door for Moore to get an early season roster spot. 

And I agree on Matthews and Raym. Matthews looks like a steal and he has a roster spot already sealed up. Raym might be a guy who they stash on the practice squad or he might outright take Cade Mays spot. Who knows. Good on Morgan for finding guys who can play either way. 

• Beer 3

I can say that, after today, I would not be surprised to see us grab a CB by Wed.  

Surprise?  If Brooks were ready, I would say Sanders--but it makes no sense to let him go because Dumbass signed him to a big guaranteed contract. 

#71 at RG.  Mays cut.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I can say that, after today, I would not be surprised to see us grab a CB by Wed.  

Surprise?  If Brooks were ready, I would say Sanders--but it makes no sense to let him go because Dumbass signed him to a big guaranteed contract. 

#71 at RG.  Mays cut.

Maybe we can still find a team dumb enough to give us a stale grilled cheese or a half used pack of adult diapers for Sanders you never know.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Maybe we can still find a team dumb enough to give us a stale grilled cheese or a half used pack of adult diapers for Sanders you never know.

Word on the street is, you got the most defined 6-pack. Is that true, Ricky? 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Word on the street is, you got the most defined 6-pack. Is that true, Ricky? 

Let's just say I do my muscle curls when I have to. I also make my step son Brayden do them as well but he isn't very good at them so I have to slap him occasionally.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Not sure what game you watched but ISM won the returner job today. He’s not getting cut, he might go to short term IR if his injury is bad enough and that opens the door for Moore to get an early season roster spot. 

And I agree on Matthews and Raym. Matthews looks like a steal and he has a roster spot already sealed up. Raym might be a guy who they stash on the practice squad or he might outright take Cade Mays spot. Who knows. Good on Morgan for finding guys who can play either way. 

Yeah with a prime pre injury Matthews would be the #2 WR on this team easily. Switching to TE should buy him a few years if he stays healthy. He's 2 years younger than Thielen and doesn't have to be a burner going against linebackers. Haven't really looked at this blocking but I don't think would be his major role in the rotation

Jalen Coker and Andrew Raym both make the 53. TMJ will be traded to a WR needy team for like a conditional 6th or something. Cade Mayes gets cut. The one player who I'm curious to see what happens to is Raheem Blackshear.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't see ISM getting cut for Moore unless he's banged up bad.  Neither are very good but ISM has the special teams thing going for him.

I was pretty surprised with how Raym played.  Never even heard of the guy and didn't hear his name called today.

He won’t. Just watching the kickoff returns and it should be obvious that Moore can’t be the second returner (most teams have two guys out there). Moore went back on a ball and caught it. He had to stop and then go and he hit to the 14. ISM catches balls in stride like they teach OFs in baseball when they have to throw out a guy on a SF fly. You could tell the difference immediately.

If we cut I for Moore for returns then it’s just another feather in the cap of crappy personnel decisions we need to stop making. Neither Moore, nor ISM should be getting significant WR snaps so special teams is the only decision.