• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With 12 plays, Bryce Young and starters showed real signs of progress

still thinking around 8 wins this year.

progress on our part and also we've got a ridiculously (at the moment) easy schedule. 

of course people look at us and see us as an easily winnable game as well, but i'm going to err on the side of us.

48 minutes ago, rayzor said:

progress on our part and also we've got a ridiculously (at the moment) easy schedule. 

of course people look at us and see us as an easily winnable game as well, but i'm going to err on the side of us.

I'm sticking with Vagas and the 4.5 wins. I think we lose the war of attrition along the way and our depth will not be good enough to take the over.

I certainly hope you're right though. It will be much more fun playing spoiler to playoff hopefuls.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im thinking 6 wins. Bryce shows massive improvement from his rookie season. We end up with a top 5 pick and draft Travis Hunter who we will use him primarily as a DB.

You’d do anything Deion Sanders would ask you to do wouldn’t you hahah 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im thinking 6 wins. Bryce shows massive improvement from his rookie season. We end up with a top 5 pick and draft Travis Hunter who we will use him primarily as a DB.

I’m thinking 5-6 wins too. Would rather have Will Johnson. Or even more would like to trade down 3-4 picks. Get another 2nd rounder. Morrison, Starks, Carter, Williams, or Graham.  Someone will still be there assuming a run on QBs.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

If we win 8 games, I would consider that to be a very successful season.  We aren't winning 8 games unless we have something at coach and QB, which would be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I’m thinking 5-6 wins too. Would rather have Will Johnson. Or even more would like to trade down 3-4 picks. Get another 2nd rounder. Morrison, Starks, Carter, Williams, or Graham.  Someone will still be there assuming a run on QBs.

Johnson is elite, I just think Hunter is more dynamic. He's a threat after the INT. He can put points on the board on defense. Those type of defensive players are rare.

I do agree though DB is probably the position I would go if we do end up with a top 5 pick. 

The key is letting Bryce make plays but not centering everything on him. Let him be the point guard and other guys do the heavy lifting as he distributes the ball and calls audibles. He can't do it all yet, maybe he never will, but he can be a critical cog in the offensive wheel and move the ball. I look at what Canales did with Mayfield and it gives me hope.