• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With 12 plays, Bryce Young and starters showed real signs of progress

It doesn't take being a coach or player to see that this offense is worlds ahead of what we have seen under Rhule and Reich. When was the last time we used multiple motion looks pre-snap to manipulate the defense. And doing that in the preseason. I think previous coaches tried to simplify things to avoid mistakes. To the point defenses could easily exploit it especially with their poor use of talent as well.

How many players have suddenly looked better than they did before. Add the upgrade in talent and the fact QBs often experience their biggest improvement between year 1 and 2.  And you have a team that will be improved no doubt. The bigger question especially on the offensive side is given how behind we have been compared to competent offenses, will it translate to more wins? But Canales previous successes give me hope. Now let's see what happens.....

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Yes it's pre season yeah they were backups but let's be real that's the first time since BY was drafted that we looked like an NFL offense the play design the execution ect. It was nice to see I'm very cautiously optimistic Hunt at RG was as advertised if we can keep the line healthy (huge if) I think some great things can happen an elite interior is a smaller QBs biggest plus.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think Zavala went to the crossroads at midnight and made himself a deal because no one looks as bad as he did last year and goes straight to looking like he could be a player. 

The Bryce part, if his footwork holds up under duress and doesn’t revert to that mess that goes back pre draft, maybe he can stick. 

I do not like sacrificing half the field though, with a rollout offense. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I really like the way Canales is teaching his offense. He has found a way for the players to learn and still be fast. We all know that playing fast is always better than having to think about their responsibilities on each play.

you build an action, once they have that .. then you build onto that action