• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales could be Mike McDaniel LITE

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

As to the question of who does Canales remind me of as a coach, it is Pete Carroll. That constant enthusiasm and positivity coupled with a desire to run the ball and be physical carried him to a lot of success. Hopefully Canales can replicate that here.

100% even the body language and mannerisms on the sideline reminds me of Pete

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, CRA said:

Maybe against on par comp too.  

I think preseason game 3 last year he managed to lead us on 2 scoring drives to open up that game.   It was backups for Lions then too. 

Neither of those drives actually looked functional, both were extended by penalties as well.

On 8/24/2024 at 6:57 PM, mc52beast said:

It really amazed me how so many people here and other sites trying to grade Bryce off of one season where everything around him was crumbling. A HC with no clue how to use Bryce, offense was changed three different times, horrible o-line and concepts and horrible receivers. 

Nah, people are just dumb. They are already labeling Legette a bust or saying he's giving them bust vibes. @PNW_PantherMan, dude we might need to get cooking on those "I was the first to say we were gonna suck" t-shirts! 🤣

• Beer 2

On 8/24/2024 at 11:39 PM, TheBigKat said:

Yes it’s preseason

yes it’s one drive

But Bryce Young looked ABSYMAL all last year under Frank Reich and coaching carousel 

I am the first to eat crow and own that I had NO HOPE for Young

but today I saw a poised young QB, getting the ball out fast with an offensive series tailored to his skillset

I ‘THINK’ Tepper may have finally gotten it right with Canales

At best he'll be Pete Carroll lite. That's who he clearly models himself off. 

• Pie 1

Anyone who knows the game who watched the preseason games last year could tell immediately this was an absolute cluster ****. Then, the Atlanta game fiasco and I told a friend and posted here: This team may not win a game.

Again, I'll say: Anyone who knows the game can tell things have changed drastically from last September.

• Beer 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2024 at 9:30 AM, Tr3ach said:

He went from Pickett/Rudolph/Trubisky to Young btw but congratulations on your mind reading/ body language expertise through a TV screen to confirm your opinions.   You should definitely put that talent to good use.  You could make millions.

Body language is 90% of communication so, by your logic, we should all be making millions. You also didn’t address any of the points made so I appreciate the ad hominem. 

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Body language is 90% of communication so, by your logic, we should all be making millions. You also didn’t address any of the points made so I appreciate the ad hominem. 

That's not true though.  I addressed the point of you saying he went from Big Ben to Bryce.  Sure people use body language to communicate it but individuals have their own body language and people have their own interpretation of it.  There is a reason body language reading is a pseudoscience and it is in no way permissable in court or anywhere else that the accuracy of it affects important decisions. 

I was thinking, Pete Carroll had to grow up admiring someone and surely apprenticed with someone he learned from, and took things he believed in to use in his forthcoming career.

I wondered if he surpassed that guy.. and decided to check. It is a hell of a coaching resume, so I'll link to it.

He is in rare company for a couple of things and probably did surpass many of the people listed in that link. Lots of Minnesota Vikings people which I don't think I was aware of for one thing... 

https://pro-football-history.com/coach/56/pete-carroll-bio

I started writing to suggest that it would be considered impossible for Canales to surpass him.  (said that wrong.. I thought it was certainly possible Canales could surpass but after looking at his record it would be hard to surpass Carroll and others in that link)

Is it probable? No. But at least right now it is yet to be proven. One thing we do know is none of the big names were famous as WR coaches or small college coordinators. They paid their dues. 

Edited by strato

On 8/26/2024 at 10:12 AM, NorthTryon said:

Nah, people are just dumb. They are already labeling Legette a bust or saying he's giving them bust vibes. @PNW_PantherMan, dude we might need to get cooking on those "I was the first to say we were gonna suck" t-shirts! 🤣

People are just reactionary it's always been that way and comes with the territory.

But it's one thing to critique a player that has 16 starts worth of tape to analyze and a completely different matter to label a rookie WR a bust before he's even played one regular season game. That's just stupid.

• Pie 1