• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales could be Mike McDaniel LITE

I don’t see a Mike McDaniel comp at all.  McDaniels is probably smoking a bowl somewhere drawing up crazy new plays. 

Canales seems basically like more buttoned up Pete Carroll type.  A PG rah rah guy.  

seems like the standard huddle swings where one day drastically changes everything.  

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Way too soon for these comparisons, and Bryce is going to have to have more than a good drive before I’m willing to change my overall thoughts. 

Maybe against on par comp too.  

I think preseason game 3 last year he managed to lead us on 2 scoring drives to open up that game.   It was backups for Lions then too. 

• Flames 1

Not getting excited over torching guys that will probably be cut Monday. I thought a TD on that drive was the minimal expectation honestly after the way the pre season as gone. Anything less was a failure to me. I mean they had to go for it on 4th down to sustain the drive. But it was a better showing then last year pre season game. I still think there was emphasis on keeping the first string off the field until the staff was really confident in them. But there is no more hiding after today.  Lets hope it continues.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

been saying all along, the O-line last year was so bad that I didnt know what we had in Bryce, still dont know.  With a vastly improved O-line and a playbook that isnt written in half chewed on crayons, we're gonna find out.  I Dont think he is as bad as he looked last year, but we're gonna find out.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

been saying all along, the O-line last year was so bad that I didnt know what we had in Bryce, still dont know.  With a vastly improved O-line and a playbook that isnt written in half chewed on crayons, we're gonna find out.  I Dont think he is as bad as he looked last year, but we're gonna find out.

I have already said I don't expect bryce to be worse than last year mainly because it would be really hard to be worse than what he was just looking as his numbers alone. HOW MUCH better he will be this year is the real question and what I'm paying attention too. If it's minimal improvement than is just as bad as none at all for him. This is still a number one overall pick and I'm gonna continue to treat him as such unlike other fans. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Yes it’s preseason

yes it’s one drive

But Bryce Young looked ABSYMAL all last year under Frank Reich and coaching carousel 

I am the first to eat crow and own that I had NO HOPE for Young

but today I saw a poised young QB, getting the ball out fast with an offensive series tailored to his skillset

I ‘THINK’ Tepper may have finally gotten it right with Canales

Getting the ball out fast? He looked the exact same as he did last year, to me. It was on drive, against the second team of the Bills, and he still found it necessary to flee the pocket and then thew to Diontae about 3 seconds too late, as you could see by Johnson’s reaction after he caught the ball. 

every highlight of Johnson that I’ve seen he looks disappointed. Must be hard to go from Ben to Young. 

55 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Not getting excited over torching guys that will probably be cut Monday. I thought a TD on that drive was the minimal expectation honestly after the way the pre season as gone. Anything less was a failure to me. I mean they had to go for it on 4th down to sustain the drive. But it was a better showing then last year pre season game. I still think there was emphasis on keeping the first string off the field until the staff was really confident in them. But there is no more hiding after today.  Lets hope it continues.

And on that fourth down play, Johnson was still disappointed by Bryce’s poor throw and poor timing. He got it there but that’s about the best you could say for it. 

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

And on that fourth down play, Johnson was still disappointed by Bryce’s poor throw and poor timing. He got it there but that’s about the best you could say for it. 

Damn...I didnt even notice that lol. I did notice that his throws still look weak to me and just don't come off his hands strong.  When the coverage tightens up that's gonna be a good indicator of progress. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

I’d wager, the general thought process by most should largely hold true to open the season. 

D probably will look better than the O.  Saints have seen Bryce twice.  They have a good understanding of some basics about him.  Load up to stop Hubbard.  Bryce likes the short stuff.  Sit on the pass game.  Game plan to make Bryce beat you with the throws he hasn’t proven to be consistent with.  

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have already said I don't expect bryce to be worse than last year mainly because it would be really hard to be worse than what he was just looking as his numbers alone. HOW MUCH better he will be this year is the real question and what I'm paying attention too. If it's minimal improvement than is just as bad as none at all for him. This is still a number one overall pick and I'm gonna continue to treat him as such unlike other fans. 

Already hedgin eh? Can you at least define what acceptable improvement would look like in terms other than arm strength?