• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Legette be “red shirted” this year?

hepcat

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

927 yards and 3 td's on 49 catches his first year rookie is a jag? That's like the numbers average of DJ Moores first 3 years with way less receptions lol. 

And in a completely different era of the NFL where hitting 1000 years was a big deal and offenses did not pass nearly as much.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

But I think they were willing to risk a bit of a raw first round pick (yes,  I know) in hopes they he develops into that generational talent. The kid has all the goods. Jerry Rice struggled big time his rookie year, keep that in mind.

Jerry Rice had 2 HoF QB's throwing him the ball a majority of his career though.

16 hours ago, frankw said:

Already?

Your position on labeling Young a bust early has been thoroughly clear. But XL is a bust before one regular season snap?

Bruce Lee Smirk GIF

Ed Lover Cmon Son GIF by Jason Clarke

I have never labeled Bryce Young a bust and have consistently said I believe in him.  You are flat wrong pal

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why is he baseball diving for the home plate on this play? I guess it was a scramble but I still don't get it

Maybe he needs to drill baseball slides until it's second nature.  I'm not sure that he's comfortable sliding.  I would imagine that when you're trying to go down on purpose in the heat of the moment, you aren't consciously thinking "I should probably slide here".  It needs to be a reaction.

Edit;  I'm not even talking about the right play lmao

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

We haven’t really ever had that for the WRs though. Outside of 2015 when guys were overachieving 

You are right no doubt. It’s also why we keep cycling through staffs. This is a new one and hopefully we have one that can do it. Something about a blind squirrel finding a nut? 

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why is he baseball diving for the home plate on this play? I guess it was a scramble but I still don't get it

It looks to me like he was getting low to make the catch and then sees Johnson at the last minute and stumbles to get out of the way. He broke his route to track down the ball not realizing it was for DJ. 

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Maybe he needs to drill baseball slides until it's second nature.  I'm not sure that he's comfortable sliding.  I would imagine that when you're trying to go down on purpose in the heat of the moment, you aren't consciously thinking "I should probably slide here".  It needs to be a reaction.

Edit;  I'm not even talking about the right play lmao

I know exactly what you're talking about lol. BY admitted he didn't practice it at all prior to last year and looks like it's still an afterthought