• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Legette be “red shirted” this year?

hepcat

Traded into the first for the guy.  You'd like to think he makes a year 1 impact like most modern WRs do.  Sucks we can't find one the plentiful ones who've worked out from the get-go but this was a guy many analysts and us saw from a ways away he didn't have the short area burst or refined rr skills to come in at an outside capacity as an X.  There-in lies his upside, but out of the gate, he's easing in and it should be the expectation he's not doing a ton year 1.  

Look at recent years, Flowers, Puka, Dell, Jayden Reed, JSN, Watson, Doubs, Rice, heck guys like Douglas and Wicks.  If we drafted Polk or Ladd it would be a different story, but we also wouldn't have the big play big man ceiling that we have in him.  

32 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I would wait until the regular season is played out some before passing final judgement on XL. And no, I certainly wouldn't redshirt him with a phone injury. He needs game reps to develop further and show what he is capable of doing.

You mean we shouldn’t judge him based off of only getting looks with an undrafted rookie QB? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hasn’t he been hurt? He was DTD for a while and finally started getting some reps in practice this week I thought? He had a bruised bone in his foot from like early August. Give him a minute to get adjusted and I think he will be fine. I like having him and Sanders as deep threat weapons. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I agree that the pick was pretty questionable. Panthers had a need for a polished WR prospect and there were many other options, but choose the rawest prospect on the board. Panthers gonna Panther 

It sounds like when we drafted Ickey and it was more polished tackles in that group. On another note I think XL will be fine it's just possible the opportunities will be far and between this year. It's just gonna come down to staff finding ways to get him involved and bryce being able to establish a connection with him. 

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

You mean we shouldn’t judge him based off of only getting looks with an undrafted rookie QB? 

Crazy concept I know but somehow im going to wait until we see him in the starting offense to judge and even then see how he progresses during this season.

25 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Crazy concept I know but somehow im going to wait until we see him in the starting offense to judge and even then see how he progresses during this season.

Dude literally got 1 total target all preseason by a horrible QB.  

our offensive rookies essentially got zero work this preseason.   Sanders is the superstar of the bunch and got a grand total of 3 targets.  That’s light opportunity for our offensive rookies. 

Injuries obviously part of the math but dang…really disappointing from a fan perspective.  Brooks on the shelf obviously.  Normally that’s the funnest part 

• Beer 1

Let's see how he does this season with 17 real games under his belt.  There's probably stuff schemed up for him that they are saving for the regular season.  I know that sounds like a meme, but I think it might be true this time.

I'm not worried about him being ice cold and having the dropsies with basically 0 work in preseason.

1 hour ago, Ornias said:

1st round pick should not be WR 4 on this miserable squad. I would expect more than that. There were 2 better prospects there for us when we took him. 

But when you break it down and analyze it yea the team was miserable last season but there’s different pieces in place. Obviously he’s behind DJ and AT based off football experience IQ etc. Mingo a high second round pick worked his tail off in the offseason, even work with the great Steve Smith to become a better player id expect a player picked 7 picks later in the draft to be comparable to him now he’s got a year experience he’ll easily be a step ahead of XL. So that’d would put him 4th because the other players are simply a little better. Even if we picked AD he’d prob be a 4th option based off our team dynamics to start the season.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dude literally got 1 total target all preseason by a horrible QB.  

our offensive rookies essentially got zero work this preseason.   Sanders is the superstar of the bunch and got a grand total of 3 targets.  That’s light opportunity for our offensive rookies. 

Injuries obviously part of the math but dang…really disappointing from a fan perspective.  Brooks on the shelf obviously.  Normally that’s the funnest part 

Agreed. We had no decent sample size to judge many by as far as receivers go with how the QB play was the first two games.