• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Legette be “red shirted” this year?

hepcat

The front office and staff have gone out of their way to point out how much they were both on the same page throughout the draft process. They wanted Legette they got him. His injury early in camp clearly spooked them and they limited his reps. He's been mostly relegated to working with the second unit. Now he looks like he's behind the curve entirely when he shouldn't. Mismanagement. Only thing to do now is rectify that. Get him out there with the other starters in the regular season and let him go to work. It's sink or swim like any other WR before him that we've drafted.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

LOL yall doing the same thing with XL you did with Bryce. Dude hasn’t even played ONE game yet and people are calling him a bust. If I want good comedy the Carolina Huddle is where I go.

I think, just like Bryce pointing out he is struggling and struggling and struggling. 

It is too early to judge, but he's struggling and has for 98% of the off-season. 

No

They are going to work him slowly, as they should.  If they work him in slowly and he becomes a good player by the end of this season or the middle of next season, then he is worth the pick.  We have to take the longview on Legette and Brooks but that doesn't mean Leggette doesn't play.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think, just like Bryce pointing out he is struggling and struggling and struggling. 

It is too early to judge, but he's struggling and has for 98% of the off-season. 

First rounders  suppose to hit the ground runnin...but we'll see. Given our historical propensity to draft shtty WR's I'm not enamored.....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think they'll scheme him up 2-3 targets a game. Try to get the ball in his hand and hope his physicality can create something. I dont expect a crazy season, but would love to see just like 500yds and 4TD's. He's WR4 at best this year. Hope next year he can be WR3. Sucks that we did that with a first round pick, but we need him out there and to keep getting reps. Maybe towards the end of his rookie contract he'll look like a great WR2.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Whoops said:

It’s not even week 1, take a step back and pack a bowl. Don’t forget to breathe.

It's the modern mindset unfortunately. If they aren't completely developed into Jerry Rice by first day of training camp or day 1 of regular season then they must be a bust.

• Pie 4