• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Matthews

I think he's the #4, Thomas and tremble still start over him. Sanders should next year as well.

He's a fine rotational piece and Im sure he can play some STs. Hes like HC Dave in his positive upbeat personality.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Hasn’t he been out of the league several years now pretty much? Cool story with the comeback but at absolute best he’s our 3rd TE, honestly may not even make the roster. I hope he does and I like what I’ve seen but I have no expectation that he’ll actually contribute much at all…

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Hasn’t he been out of the league several years now pretty much? Cool story with the comeback but at absolute best he’s our 3rd TE, honestly may not even make the roster. I hope he does and I like what I’ve seen but I have no expectation that he’ll actually contribute much at all…

He's been trans....errra He started the move to TE in 2020 and this is the best he's looked as one. Panthers had a fluff piece on him, he was on the 49ers and told to gain 25 LBs in one month after a talk with shanny. 

The thing is TE have longer careers, so that move saved him some staying power. I think fans have too high hopes for him, honestly wouldn't shock me if he was cut. He stayed on the PS the whole 2023, any team could have signed him. 

He's a classic vet and good for locker room moral. 

I think our TE's kind of stack out like this:

Tremble and Thomas are locks because they block better than anyone else.  Canales wants to run, and you need a blocking TE.  Though a surprise cut of one of them wouldn't surprise me.

JT Sanders is super exciting.  I can't wait to see him develop over the next couple of years.

Matthews is a really good dude.  But he's not a blocker.  He's an H Back, Split Out TE.  I could see us making room for him on the roster because he's a good leader and vet who can make plays.

Best of luck to all of them.  It's a tough business.

• Pie 2

Whatever happens this season I can say I am very pleased with the attention we are finally giving to the TE position. It's been too damn long since we've had high level play from the position group. Now let's just get Ian Thomas out of here and move forward renewed.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I really like him as a big WR/TE hybrid.  He has made plays.  I think Sanders is TE1 right out of the gate.  Agree with others Tremble probably gets cut

That’s it he probably should get the last WR spot with his ability to play both positions 

8 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont see any way that Tremble should be cut. The dude is on a 3rd round rookie contract in his 3rd season....

If anyone should go it’s definitely Ian Thomas. 

Dave has to tie to Tremble though.  Was hurt all preseason….and unlike the rest cutting him clear some real cap space vs the rest.