• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The WR position - what 6 do we keep

If they are shopping Marshall, they will probably cut him if they get no offers.  Zay Jones was suspended for 5 games, and the Cards could be interested.   Let's not forget the Bills--they are not loaded at WR and they had a front row seat today.  Curtis Samuel is their #3--so they could work something out.   I might also think the Chargers or the Broncos.  The Patriots are not good at WR and Marshall would probably upgrade the WR room.-and I think they might take Coker if he is waived--Holy Cross is right outside Boston-they probably know him--I dunno.  I just like the kid and want to keep him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

we might keep TMJ as trade bait during the season when injuries set in.  Of course, injuries could set in on our wr's corp as well.

In the right situation, we might be able to get a 6th for him after 4 or 5 games.  Possible even a late 5th from the Bills if they have trouble and Brady still believes in him.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

Fourth-year wide receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. needed a strong performance, given that he has been battling for one of the final spots in the team’s receiving room, and he delivered just that on Saturday. 

Marshall caught all three of his catchable targets for 39 yards, a touchdown and two first downs, and he averaged 3.00 yards per route on the day. His touchdown catch was particularly impressive, as he broke off 10 yards after the catch and forced two missed tackles on his way to the end zone.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-3-recap-carolina-panthers-31-buffalo-bills-26

Coker has shown some ability so would be interesting to see if he could grow.. but I don’t mind looking elsewhere entirely after our top 4, especially being #1 on the waiver wire. Young dudes like Charlie Jones could be cut in Cincy, Skyy Moore in KC. Or even middling journeymen like MVS or maybe even Robert Woods. See who gets free and feel the situation out.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

PLAYER OF THE GAME

Fourth-year wide receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. needed a strong performance, given that he has been battling for one of the final spots in the team’s receiving room, and he delivered just that on Saturday. 

Marshall caught all three of his catchable targets for 39 yards, a touchdown and two first downs, and he averaged 3.00 yards per route on the day. His touchdown catch was particularly impressive, as he broke off 10 yards after the catch and forced two missed tackles on his way to the end zone.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-3-recap-carolina-panthers-31-buffalo-bills-26

Kiss of death.  Farewell sweet prince.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I like Moore and ISM. Moore is the vet familiar with Canales' system and ISM looks to be a pretty good punt returner. 

I think those two compliment our top 4 WRs very nicely. 

Johnson as the obvious #1.

Thielen as the slot.

Legette and Mingo fight for the spot that Johnson doesnt take on the outside. 

Its not amazing but seems way better than last year.

Adam T.  was the focus of every defense we played last year.  It's pretty straight forward why his YAC was so low. 

That should 💯 change this season if he isn't our first option in the passing game. 

TMJ is gone. He holds no ST value, and he's not good enough to unsent the top 3 guys. 

DJ, Thielen, Mingo, XL are locks 

I think Marshall has earned a spot if we can't trade him

That leaves ISM, David Moore and Jalen Coker competing for the last spot

ISM provides PR/KR upside, David Moore is a veteran w/ some of that, and Coker needs time but could be a diamond in the rough. 

Ideally I'd keep 7 with ISM and Coker but even more ideal would getting Coker stashed on our PS

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Adam T.  was the focus of every defense we played last year.  It's pretty straight forward why his YAC was so low. 

I mean, he pretty much is here in Carolina because he is slow and really shouldn’t be a fixuture in an O anymore.  YAC per route was actually up for him last year 

Thielen really should be 2003 Proehl

On 8/24/2024 at 6:32 PM, MHS831 said:

If they are shopping Marshall, they will probably cut him if they get no offers.  Zay Jones was suspended for 5 games, and the Cards could be interested.   Let's not forget the Bills--they are not loaded at WR and they had a front row seat today.  Curtis Samuel is their #3--so they could work something out.   I might also think the Chargers or the Broncos.  The Patriots are not good at WR and Marshall would probably upgrade the WR room.-and I think they might take Coker if he is waived--Holy Cross is right outside Boston-they probably know him--I dunno.  I just like the kid and want to keep him.

Bills got Brady at OC too. I doubt he is traded for anything minus another disappointing player swap. His agent was able to scan the league and gauge his value, he remained a panther..... I was once a believer, but facts are he's had 3 full seasons and 4 off-seasons.....sure its been chaos with the staff. Still this team needed WR help during those 3 years and many good-great coaches were not able to tap into TMJ. I've said it before the one group this staff knows best is WR. 

Crazy as it is, I think Samuel is the #1 for the bills until Coleman can take over. 

His weak ST is what kills his value. Only those who are no legit 1s and 2s can get by with not having ST skills. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he pretty much is here in Carolina because he is slow and really shouldn’t be a fixuture in an O anymore.  YAC per route was actually up for him last year 

Thielen really should be 2003 Proehl

Yep the Viking didn't attempt to resign him. The Panthers are maybe, well the Pats too, teams that even have room for AT. If that type of guy is your best offensive weapon, no wonder they barely won 2. 

• Pie 1