• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The WR position - what 6 do we keep

Id personality keep Coker and ISM. 

But if a name hit the waiver, I'd hope Coker could make the PS. 

I feel just on return skills alone ISM is a lock, he's also plays a decent #4 role too. He was one of the few that played hard the whole 2023 season. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

1st 4 WR spots are locked in with Thielen, Johnson, Mingo, Leggette

- 2 spots remain -

Terrace Marshall, David Moore, Ihmir Smith- Marsette, Jalen Coker not to mention any possible waiver wire option

I was checking to see if this thread existed before I started one.  I think we keep 6.  I want to post my choices here before reading what the other Huddlers have to say--many just google questions and repeat them as their ideas and many others are experimenting with crystal meth.

1. Johnson

2.  Thielen

3.  Legette

4.  Mingo

5. Marshall Jr

6. Smith-Marsette unless he is injured. He nudges Moore because he is better at special teams and is five years younger than Moore.  Moore makes the team if S-M goes to IR.

Practice Squad.  Coker might get placed on IR to protect him--not sure he makes it to the PS   He would then be one of the four protected players.  Since it is possible that the team will be without Johnson, Thielen, and Marshall Jr. next season, it is important to keep Coker.  He could go to IR if they feel he would be scooped up.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Canales has a surprise cut or 2.  Roster full of not his guys. 

Tremble missed everything.  Think he clears some healthy cap.  2 new TEs have shined thus far. 

I think there will be some type of mini shocker 

A mini shocker will be a TE---Matthews is 32, however, and that hurts him.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

that is what my heart tells me.

In past years those 5&6 WRs nearly must have ST skills, which hurts TMJ. 

Honestly that was what ended Goat rices career, he didn't play ST and how could you make him at that stage? Deal was he still could play, just the numbers for ST forced him to make the move. 

I thought Ive seen Coker on KOs, but I could be mistaken. STs is dirty and tough for WRs. You still have what 46 active on GameDay. 

• Pie 1

Well, with the TMJ leak..

ISM and Moore.  

I’ll go Moore because he is a Dave guy brought in by Dave.  If and when ISM is banged up he defaults into the PR stuff. Only other guy doing that stuff. 

• Beer 2

I think ISM is a lock to make the roster as a returner. I could see them try to stash Coker on the practice squad or he will have a mysterious practice injury and end up on IR. I am not sure TMJ makes the roster at this point. David Moore either. 

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I think it's a race between TMJ, David Moore and ISM.  ISM is an explosive athlete for gadget plays and ST..  TMJ can play big guy bully ball.  David Moore is versatile and plays ST.

Good points here…TMJ doesn’t play special teams.  I mean he doesn’t carry a lot of value IMO

• Beer 2

Honestly one of the better #5 WR for the Panthers was Brandon zylstra. He could play all 3 WRs spots and was a good STer. He was a gunner if I member right and those are some of the better players play. 

Franklin was a good gunner and he's on IR. 

You have to think Zylstra for those last 2 WR spots. I've done too many rosters and learned about STs the hard way. 

we are basing our guesses on what we see during a few scrimmage games.  These decisions are going to be made by looking at film, practices, and how well the learn and interact with teammates (their dispositions).  What skills do they have that others don't have?  Marshall is your slant guy, Smith-Marsette is the special teamer who can break one as a WR, Coker is the (by rep) red zone threat and he is a good route runner...Moore is 29 and if there is a younger guy who can do what he does, I see them keeping the young guy since they are building for the future--but if Canales likes you...

• Pie 1

I think there's a decent chance that panthers keep 7 WRs as well.

download.jpg.47eededbf1810452287e487fc449e164.jpg

(like a 30% chance)

QB-2

RB- 3(brooks on pup)

WR- ?...(7...7 is the magic number)

TE- 4(could be 3)

OL- 9(8-10 here too)

0- 18+7= 25

D- 25

ST-3

roster 53

• Pie 1

Given Thielen's age and comical lack of YAC last year I find myself apprehensive at the notion of possibly losing a young up and coming WR just to keep Adam on for the season. Yes it's good to have his veteran presence. But it would be a shame to see one of these young WR's end up shining elsewhere while we move on from Thielen after this season anyways.