• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Steve Smith influence Tepper into firing Frank Reich?

hepcat

13 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Reich was gonna take Stroud and we were probably going to be rolling. But we took Bryce and we have to for from there. 

Despite the fact that Adam Schefter came out and said that Bryce Young was #1 on everyone's boards, we still see these baseless claims pop up. I get it, it's a message board, but CJ Stroud WOULD NOT HAVE SUCCEEDED WITH THE TEAM WE PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR, hell even Stroud couldn't beat our defense last year despite them having the better roster....Tepper's decision was an overreaction to Rhule's hiring. We've found the middle ground with Canales

27 minutes ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

Despite the fact that Adam Schefter came out and said that Bryce Young was #1 on everyone's boards, we still see these baseless claims pop up. I get it, it's a message board, but CJ Stroud WOULD NOT HAVE SUCCEEDED WITH THE TEAM WE PUT TOGETHER LAST YEAR, hell even Stroud couldn't beat our defense last year despite them having the better roster....Tepper's decision was an overreaction to Rhule's hiring. We've found the middle ground with Canales

32 teams didn’t even scout Bryce and look at him. 

No way to know what they actually thought of him.  It would be pointless to for some teams to invest any time and energy into Bryce and Stroud 

TinFoil hat theory that I’ve stuck to ever since about game 4 last year. This is long. 

Frank’s body language and overall lack of enthusiasm at any point in his tenure here showed that Bryce was not his guy. He was probably another con job victim of T, but T had to have 1. Someone he could push around and 2. Someone with local ties to try to ease the PR and team morale disaster that was letting Wilks go the way that he did. Putting the band back together was the new narrative.

Frank thought he would get CJ. The team loaded up personnel to coach CJ. Then they pick Bryce. It didn’t take long before Frank went in to ‘I don’t need this ish mode.’ You could see it with the very first TC interviews. He’s on the sunset of his career, he has money, but T gave dude a lot of money.

Most contracts at least in my industry have verbiage to the effect of if you quit without material breach of contract by the employer, the prorated GROSS amount of the bonus paid up front will be owed back to the employer. No company is going to pay a large sum up front without strings attached. That’d be dumb. 

So, the taxman taketh. Say you get a $10million. Make the math easy. Call it govt takes 40%. You get $6m, but if you quit without employer breech,  you cough up $4m of your own to cover the difference because you owe the gross back, not the net. They gave you 10, they want 10, you only got 6. Now, there may be a tax loophole that makes my point entirely moot, I  don’t think so, but I’m not an accountant. So that’s a hell to the naw ghost rider. You rarely see NFL coaches quit and I believe this is a factor.

Frank knew he had to get fired without breaching his side of the contract. Losing probably wouldn’t be enough. T is loaded, but all the same, it’s an embarrassing hit to his ego to Fire a coach that soon. Nope. 

Ickey got Frank fired. Game after game, he’s beat like a drum, but glaringly, he never really got help to beat the speed rush. Frank knew that they would never win a game this way, and that Bryce would eventually get murdered. He forced T’s hand. Fire me or I get the kid you traded the world for killed. It was a standoff between the 2 sides, but it was only a matter of time. T had to, it was only a matter of time. The other coaches that didn’t want Bryce needed their out as well. Speed rush on the left side was that out. If Smitty helped, Frank probably bought him another G Wagon out of gratitude. 

Is this complete speculation on my behalf that the internal voices helped me compile? Yes, but I’ve stuck to my meds this time around and I trust my man Russell. He’s always been one of the few that I can trust. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

Probably not. It was likely just Tepper and all the people that was rumored to have kept going to him to complain. (Which I'm not sure who it was ever revealed to be. I think somebody said Tabor or Brown?)

Ultimately, I think for Morgan to have stuck around he must have been going against the grain at some point. If he just went with the flow for everything he probably would have gone with them. He had to have been right about something somewhere down the line, same for Caldwell.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

TinFoil hat theory that I’ve stuck to ever since about game 4 last year. This is long. 

Frank’s body language and overall lack of enthusiasm at any point in his tenure here showed that Bryce was not his guy. He was probably another con job victim of T, but T had to have 1. Someone he could push around and 2. Someone with local ties to try to ease the PR and team morale disaster that was letting Wilks go the way that he did. Putting the band back together was the new narrative.

Frank thought he would get CJ. The team loaded up personnel to coach CJ. Then they pick Bryce. It didn’t take long before Frank went in to ‘I don’t need this ish mode.’ You could see it with the very first TC interviews. He’s on the sunset of his career, he has money, but T gave dude a lot of money.

Most contracts at least in my industry have verbiage to the effect of if you quit without material breach of contract by the employer, the prorated GROSS amount of the bonus paid up front will be owed back to the employer. No company is going to pay a large sum up front without strings attached. That’d be dumb. 

So, the taxman taketh. Say you get a $10million. Make the math easy. Call it govt takes 40%. You get $6m, but if you quit without employer breech,  you cough up $4m of your own to cover the difference because you owe the gross back, not the net. They gave you 10, they want 10, you only got 6. Now, there may be a tax loophole that makes my point entirely moot, I  don’t think so, but I’m not an accountant. So that’s a hell to the naw ghost rider. You rarely see NFL coaches quit and I believe this is a factor.

Frank knew he had to get fired without breaching his side of the contract. Losing probably wouldn’t be enough. T is loaded, but all the same, it’s an embarrassing hit to his ego to Fire a coach that soon. Nope. 

Ickey got Frank fired. Game after game, he’s beat like a drum, but glaringly, he never really got help to beat the speed rush. Frank knew that they would never win a game this way, and that Bryce would eventually get murdered. He forced T’s hand. Fire me or I get the kid you traded the world for killed. It was a standoff between the 2 sides, but it was only a matter of time. T had to, it was only a matter of time. The other coaches that didn’t want Bryce needed their out as well. Speed rush on the left side was that out. If Smitty helped, Frank probably bought him another G Wagon out of gratitude. 

Is this complete speculation on my behalf that the internal voices helped me compile? Yes, but I’ve stuck to my meds this time around and I trust my man Russell. He’s always been one of the few that I can trust. 

Frank had that body language the day he was hired. He had the body language with the Colts. I don’t know whether or not he want CJ or Bryce and honestly at this point it doesn’t matter, but to act like he was ever high energy is wild. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

But he'd likely still ge better than Young now.

16 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Reich was gonna take Stroud and we were probably going to be rolling. But we took Bryce and we have to for from there. 

Reich wasn't the GM nor had the authority to make the pick. Fitt was the GM and by all accounts the one most sold on Young. You guys really need to give this Stroud fantasy up.

I woke up between 2 beautiful ladies.  A redhead and a sweet brunette.   Sad thing is I don't remember ANY of the night before. 

So I got dressed and let myself out. Had to located my space freighter, hoping like he'll nobody stole my high priority freight.  Tin foil hates for the huddle!! 

Don't worry brothers, I'll be there soon!!!

18 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

This season will show if Frank firing was the right call of if young is a terrible coach killing qb.  We should revisit this thread about 5 games in.  

Two things can be true.  Reich was bad no matter who his QB was.  Same thing in Indy.  They weren’t as bad as us last year, but his teams underachieved for the most part.  Colts fans complained about the vanilla, outdated offense before he was fired there.

• Pie 1

panther employee sent by Tepper - "Hey Frank young's got terrible mechanics and footwork, any chance you could improve that??'

Frank- "Nope, not touching that until next year."

//

/

/

Employee- "?????????????? ".........."Im sorry did I hear you right, you're not going to improve his issu"

jumps in Frank- "Til next year."

Employees leaves in ultra confusion and tells tepper the comment.

Tepper- "I got to fire this clueless joker and the person who hired him in the first place"

• Pie 1