• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Steve Smith influence Tepper into firing Frank Reich?

hepcat

I’m just listening to Steve Smith talk about how Bryce was a RPO QB in college, and how his rookie year he didn’t do any RPO in Frank Reich’s offense. We know how Frank was asked to add it by Tepper and he said no. I have to think that Steve has a line to Tepper’s ear and he had at least a tinge of influence telling Tepper that Reich’s offense wasn’t a fit for Bryce and later fired him. Steve is also talking about scheme fit and how it’s the most important thing for an offense and now Bryce will use RPO more under the new coaching staff and what a difference it will make. 

I have to think Steve wasn’t shy about telling Tepper these things last year. 

Edited by hepcat
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 3

No I influenced Tepper into firing Frank.

Do you not remember me slandering him all preseason? Even before the season started I said this guy might actually be a downgrade from Rhule. I took the heat, but I was the one who was right.

I know HC's bro.

• Pie 4

Maybe. Maybe not. I have heard Steve point that Mingo was a certain type of receiver in college who ran and was successful at certain routes and then in Reich’s offense they had him playing somewhere completely different and running routes he wasn’t as good at. So basically, seeing his players up to not succeed just to fit his scheme got him fired

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, MtnJax said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I have heard Steve point that Mingo was a certain type of receiver in college who ran and was successful at certain routes and then in Reich’s offense they had him playing somewhere completely different and running routes he wasn’t as good at. So basically, seeing his players up to not succeed just to fit his scheme got him fired

Mingo's best position is a big slot, which doesn't really work with our personnel.  He got thrown into a situation he was totally unfamiliar with last season.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No I influenced Tepper into firing Frank.

Do you not remember me slandering him all preseason? Even before the season started I said this guy might actually be a downgrade from Rhule. I took the heat, but I was the one who was right.

I know HC's bro.

How did Tepper respond when you told him to stop meddling? 

17 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I think Tepper has reached out to 89 on more than one occasion to get his take. 

....Smitty needs to be on the board of decisions. I bet hes already rolling his eyes with Morgan. Just a guess tho.

I think at some point in the season Reich basically fired himself. There was not any influence needed.

One day we will get a full story of how everything went down. Just expect to hear some things that will surprise you.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I think at some point in the season Reich basically fired himself. There was not any influence needed.

One day we will get a full story of how everything went down. Just expect to hear some things that will surprise you.

Tepper had reservations about the hire in the preseason.