• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Thread: Panthers at Bills

Gonna put this out there because no one is saying it...

Wallace might take Shaq's spot by the end of the season. Shaq is obviously the more experienced player and that experience is his only advantage over the rookie right now. Shaq doesn't trust what he's seeing. He hesitates to fill his lane too often. Almost like he's a safety playing linebacker. I saw the same thing last season. It's like he'll see the guard block down, but hesitate to fill his lane, and end up getting lost in the trash 3 or 4 yards past the LOS. Wallace has no friggin hesitation! He reads his keys and attacks downhill with conviction. 

On 8/24/2024 at 6:09 PM, frankw said:

This yarn about rooting for failure is just as tiresome as the criticism. As is the people who only enter the thread to talk about how everyone is rooting against so and so but never name names.

Cam got some of the worst treatment from his own fanbase that I've ever seen. And he was rookie of the year out of the gate lol.

I don't know why some people expected to come here and find rainbows and unicorns after the worst season in franchise history. The only thing that is going to help is winning football games.

Until then people who constantly chime in just to gripe about others and create an "us vs them" atmosphere are not helping anything either and need to give up the moral high ground because it's a facade.

As I've intimateded before, there is a difference between criticism and and incessant griping about a players who were arguably put into situations to fail. If there isn't a moral high ground, there is certainly solid ground where wise fans root themselves in understanding nuance, context and grace in Bryce's unique situation.

51 minutes ago, TD alt said:

As I've intimateded before, there is a difference between criticism and and incessant griping about a players who were arguably put into situations to fail. If there isn't a moral high ground, there is certainly solid ground where wise fans root themselves in understanding nuance, context and grace in Bryce's unique situation.

I do not dismiss the validity of your point. But nuance and grace are generally going to be in short supply in most instances involving any kind of sports fandom. Especially if the team in question has been stuck in a cycle of perpetual losing for years. It's been what 8 years since we've even been to the playoffs?

The Panthers org made the decision to trade a fortune for one QB. No it isn't Bryce Young's fault as he did not draft himself. But what's done is done and expectations are what they are and that's the same for any team in the NFL. The fanbase has been restless. There are a few who might just want to watch the world burn but most are just wanting to see something to give them hope. In the end we can all do better. There just needs to be a step in the right direction.

If anyone is wanting to see less complaints then start praying to the football gods this team and specifically the offense looks competent in New Orleans in a few weeks. That will go a long way in building some good will and letting the bad energy that has plagued this team the last several years begin to subside.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office