• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Thread: Panthers at Bills

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Upon watching the replay, Bryce looked pretty good. That little scramble thing he did going headfirst to the line of scrimmage wasn't ideal. Chuba and JT Sanders were just kinda hanging out raising their hands ready to take a pass for at least 5-6 yards past what Bryce got. The all 22 will be interesting to see on some of these decisions

Yep that’s the one I want to see the most 

He needs to learn to be more decisive as a runner. There was no reason to take that hit. He’s good at keeping his eyes down field and extending plays like the one we saw on 4th down but that pocket on his sack play was a mess and he should’ve just taken off instead of dancing around 

Im just hoping to see that there was literally nowhere for him to go with that ball downfield. I’ll be disappointed if I see that he could’ve thrown a 50/50 ball to Mingo and he didn’t take the chance 

16 hours ago, CRA said:

89 was a great WR.  89 proves over on the NFLN often to be immature and still a jerk human. 

I think that fact, will make his HOF odds forever harder than his fans think it should be.   

Steve Smith was a great football player but an absolute terrible person

Speaking of Smith

Watching the Panthers broadcast now and he said “it was there” “hang on to the ball” “probably should’ve threw it”

During the replay of the sack

Mentioned the penetration from D but Young had time. Also said Diontae was open earlier on that 4th down play

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Speaking of Smith

Watching the Panthers broadcast now and he said “it was there” “hang on to the ball” “probably should’ve threw it”

During the replay of the sack

Mentioned the penetration from D but Young had time. Also said Diontae was open earlier on that 4th down play

He was open a lot earlier. Bryce could have thrown it and given him a chance to take it up the sideline

https://x.com/SyedSchemes/status/1827568833864794160?t=CI4DAs5n9A1NiDtq_W0IWA&s=19

10 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm still stunned how much better Zavala is.

I know--the new system must be something he understands.  Having 3 different offenses your rookie season must have been difficult.  He has had time to let it sink in and is not pressured to start.  We shall see how long it lasts, but defenses attacked us up the middle last year because our best and only legitimate lineman were at T---they did Ickey no favors, by the way.  Rarely got TE help and we were without FB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Never been better??? Brother, that's one of the most insane statements I have ever seen on the Huddle. God bless you and may he have mercy on your soul.

Name the depth on a previous offensive line that was better.  Not the starters--just to help you out.  Zavala, Christensen, Nijman--so instead of just blasting insults, blast facts.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Steve Smith was a great football player but an absolute terrible person

Terrible person?  I don't know if I'd go that far.  Bad teammate?  Sure.  Hot head that punched his own teammates?  Yes.  Terrible?  I'd reserve that for actual terrible people.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, strato said:

Watching it now. A couple of typically critical reactions are wtf with the analytics guy dictating in game decisions? The 4th down conversion. 
And what a clusterfug looking play throwing to an area where two targets converge, with their coverage. I am laughing a little bit that it worked.  That is gonna have to be straightened out. 
Young’s footwork looks much better, yes it does. 

The people chasing him when he is moving around will be faster and maybe more determined when we get into it for real. 

And Damien Lewis again… I am all for personal days and what have you, compassionate treatment of employees, and their privacy… but someone explain to me what kind of personal situation allows basically the whole camp and preseason off? Just, what is that important that is so much more important than the millions of dollars you are getting to be involved and relied on at your workplace? 

I have been there on some really tough ‘do I dare go do my job while this is going on?” situations myself and have compassion but I am starting to get frustrated with Damien (how they are handling it). What is so personal that we can’t be told so as to have some understanding of why he is so often unavailable?

I mean most people would cut him slack for a reasonable excuse… so why the secrecy at this point? Can’t make games? Need a good reason. 

I think Canales said it’s a family matter, i’m not really one to speculate on that type of thing further. If it’s stretched out this long i would assume it’s something painful 

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Terrible person?  I don't know if I'd go that far.  Bad teammate?  Sure.  Hot head that punched his own teammates?  Yes.  Terrible?  I'd reserve that for actual terrible people.

I agree.  I did watch him get into the head of Dwayne Jarrett at an OTA and publicly embarrass him.  I even mentioned it to Jarrett afterwards and you could tell how upset he was.  Then I started thinking of any WR we drafted after Smith who succeeded here---I could not think of one.  Was he too hard on them?  I can also add that during casual times--when players had time to interact and chat during several years of OTAs--Smith really did not seem to have but one friend--and this will shock you--John Kasay.  They used to warm up together, talking the entire time.  At other times I hardly ever saw anyone demostrate positive rapport with him--that is just my observation.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree.  I did watch him get into the head of Dwayne Jarrett at an OTA and publicly embarrass him.  I even mentioned it to Jarrett afterwards and you could tell how upset he was.  Then I started thinking of any WR we drafted after Smith who succeeded here---I could not think of one.  Was he too hard on them?  I can also add that during casual times--when players had time to interact and chat during several years of OTAs--Smith really did not seem to have but one friend--and this will shock you--John Kasay.  They used to warm up together, talking the entire time.  At other times I hardly ever saw anyone demostrate positive rapport with him--that is just my observation.

I'm not trying to downplay that he was a huge asshole.  But I've been watching a lot of true crime documentaries, and those are actually terrible people.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

There seems to be some confusion between rooting for a guy to fail being skeptical of someone being able to be any good.  If things are overly negative, I don't blame you for not wanting to be around.  But saying everyone's rooting for the guy to fail is just silly.

The guy in your avatar had more people rooting for him to fail.

He's right tho.

There's a reason why a lot of people left for the Discord or just left the board in general... and it wasn't just because it was the offseason. It was because of how toxic this place was with the same group of people posting in every thread the same (disproven) complaints. They justified their chosen behavior because they said that they were: a) entitled to being douchenozzles since the team sucks and b) the real victims because a couple of Bryce Young fans leading up to the draft hurt their feelings.

Multiple people have shared that this has been their experience. To continue to dismiss it as if it isn't the case is, as you said, just silly.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Icege said:

He's right tho.

There's a reason why a lot of people left for the Discord or just left the board in general... and it wasn't just because it was the offseason. It was because of how toxic this place was with the same group of people posting in every thread the same (disproven) complaints. They justified their chosen behavior because they said that they were: a) entitled to being douchenozzles since the team sucks and b) the real victims because a couple of Bryce Young fans leading up to the draft hurt their feelings.

Multiple people have shared that this has been their experience. To continue to dismiss it as if it isn't the case is, as you said, just silly.

I'm not denying that things have been overly negative, and probably insufferable for a lot of people.  I'm just saying whenever anything good happens, someone's always gotta bust down the door and complain that people were insufferable before.  Why can't we just enjoy the good things without bickering at one another?

I should have never made my post.  I should have let it go, because I'm just making it worse.  I understand both points of view.  It's just kind of a buzz kill to me when we're all finally feeling better.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think Canales said it’s a family matter, i’m not really one to speculate on that type of thing further. If it’s stretched out this long i would assume it’s something painful 

Seems like every time I look he is missing and it’s a personal matter.  Which mostly are dental appointments and stuff. 

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm not trying to downplay that he was a huge asshole.  But I've been watching a lot of true crime documentaries, and those are actually terrible people.

Lol yeah those can make Smith seem like a saint. IMO he was just a super competitive, maybe to a fault, player. I’m sure Brady and Jordan weren’t particular nice to teammates going against them in practice or teammates struggling.