• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Thread: Panthers at Bills

Chuba Hubbard leads running back rotation: Hubbard played in 10 snaps in all situations with the starters.

Jonathon Brooks remains out due to injury, allowing Hubbard to remain the Panthers' starter. The Panthers have a new coaching staff, so we weren’t sure if Hubbard would continue having the feature role he saw at the end of the season.

Hubbard played the first eight snaps on the first drive. He took two plays off for Miles Sanders and then returned for two plays to close out the drive. This included Hubbard playing in third-and-long situations. It’s possible that if the drive was shorter, Hubbard would have just played 100% of the team's snaps on the first drive before exiting the game. Sanders continued to play into the second and third drives while Mike Boone mixed in.

It’s certainly possible the Panthers will use more of a rotation once the regular season hits, but we at least have confirmation the coaching staff views Hubbard as the starter over Sanders. Until Brooks is healthy again, Hubbard is a borderline fantasy starter who can be drafted much later in drafts than most fantasy starters.

First look at the Panthers' wide receiver rotation: The Panthers followed a predictable rotation for their wide receivers.

Carolina traded for Diontae Johnson, who played all 12 snaps on the first drive. Adam Thielen played 11-of-12 snaps, including all nine snaps in 11 personnel and two-of-three snaps in 12 personnel. This included being the team's primary slot receiver.

Jonathan Mingo was the primary wide receiver in three-receiver sets. He took one snap from Thielen in 12 personnel but lost two to rookie Xavier Legette in 11 personnel. The two continued playing beyond the first drive, sharing the field in both 11 and 12 personnel groupings.

This is pretty much exactly how most people expected the wide receiver rotation to shape out at this point of the season, but it’s reassuring to know we shouldn’t expect many surprises in the rotation during Week 1 of the season.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-preseason-week-3-recap-immediate-fantasy-football-takeaways-from-saturdays-game

• Pie 1

I am going to say something that might be unpopular--Steve Smith Sr. is obnoxious and juvenile at times--I don't get the idea that he has done his homework. I know some of you like him, but he gets on my nerves. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am going to say something that might be unpopular--Steve Smith Sr. is obnoxious and juvenile at times--I don't get the idea that he has done his homework. I know some of you like him, but he gets on my nerves. 

89 was a great WR.  89 proves over on the NFLN often to be immature and still a jerk human. 

I think that fact, will make his HOF odds forever harder than his fans think it should be.   

• Pie 1