• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster cuts

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

with this line, that could happen and it could be a good thing--no sense rushing brooks in, so if Hubbard, Sanders, and Boone can tote the rock, that is  probably good in the long run. 

Question:  Does Blackshear (or Shirden) have return skills? 

Im being real- bounce year for sanders. Boone was impressive too, but I don't see him on the 53, I feel he's a prime-time PSer. 

For sure Blackshear has returner skills, he was 6th in KO average (I believe, Ill check). He a decent 3rd down RB as well. 

• Pie 1

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/kickoff-returns/2023/REG/all/kickreturnsaverageyards/DESC

Blackshear was 13th, but players above him were not regular returners and flukes. 

It does seem among the normal returners, he was 6th overall with a 26.9 average. 12 out of his 16 returns were 20+ yards. 

That's petty dang good and the new KO makes him more valuable since there will be more returns.  I think he's a near lock, unless Im totally missing something. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Broncos keep asking reporters to say they are looking at the markets for old WR Tim Patrick and a RB that's bounced around the league in RB Samaje Perine

Why does Ian rapoport take their money and report that trash. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cheap

Yep. He was rumoured to be getting cut. I REALLY wish we’d bring someone like this in. High upside guy for Canales. If the Packers who just paid Jordan Love can do it why on earth can’t we

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If Detroit fans what this olb back he would probably be an upgrade for us?

Good question.  In 2021 he had 5 sacks, but he has not really been that impactful (stats) I do not see him as an upgrade---I am not sure an Edge can be found in the scrap heap that will upgrade us--just my opinion.  He will be 27 by the end of football season, fwiw,

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im being real- bounce year for sanders. Boone was impressive too, but I don't see him on the 53, I feel he's a prime-time PSer. 

For sure Blackshear has returner skills, he was 6th in KO average (I believe, Ill check). He a decent 3rd down RB as well. 

I totally blanked on blackshear KR--I was probably thinking punt returner--but I appreciate the memory jolt.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cheap

Remember how pissed off he got when he was drafted in the third round?  Seems like a good kid and maybe he can learn from Love.  GB has a successful formula for QBs.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Will Morgan truly have difficult decisions to make? The depth is bad after all. Heck even the starters aren't that good.

Yeah he should be spending more time watching the waiver wire than worrying about which 3rd stringers to keep

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he should be spending more time watching the waiver wire than worrying about which 3rd stringers to keep

True. Even Donnelly says they should be standing at the end of the Lions' line to take the good players they're going to cut.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1