• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster cuts

Just now, 45catfan said:

Agreed, just wondering if there was any sentimental folks out there that would like another go around.

I still like him way better the plummer but it aint happening.  Kid should have gotten a shot here.   A real one.  If jack plummer can start games and get valuable reps no reason why mc couldnt

Rhule, fitt, reich and probably morgan 86'ed his career

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Corral has off the field distractions he's been dealing with. Maybe he would have had a better chance under Canales. Hopefully he gets his life together. Some things are more important than football.

I was absolutely crucified for saying this predraft about not wanting to select him.   

I know we are stocked at RB, but Dwayne McBride got cut by the Vikings.  He's a dude I wanted to draft.  A really hard, north-south runner.  He plays bigger than his actual stature.

image.png.b5ecabef59bbe3bc423d49833fae3bc4.png

3000 yards in two seasons and career 7.3 yards per carry.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I know we are stocked at RB, but Dwayne McBride got cut by the Vikings.  He's a dude I wanted to draft.  A really hard, north-south runner.  He plays bigger than his actual stature.

image.png.b5ecabef59bbe3bc423d49833fae3bc4.png

3000 yards in two seasons and career 7.3 yards per carry.

Sure wish we could let sanders go without the huge penalty in cap and then pick this guy up

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Sure wish we could let sanders go without the huge penalty in cap and then pick this guy up

Not to say I am always right--I am not--I see players getting cut today that I was banging the drum for--but I HATED the Sanders signing.  It was stupid.  Never sign a veteran from a team with a good OL.  I did not know he'd suck as bad, but I thought the money could have been used somewhere other than RB.  Fitterer was the worst GM---terrible.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Not to say I am always right--I am not--I see players getting cut today that I was banging the drum for--but I HATED the Sanders signing.  It was stupid.  Never sign a veteran from a team with a good OL.  I did not know he'd suck as bad, but I thought the money could have been used somewhere other than RB.  Fitterer was the worst GM---terrible.

MHS call the EMS, in my insane panther prediction for 2024.......... Inches will become Miles again and gain close to 1,000 yards!!!

League Of Legends Lol GIF by G2 Esports

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

dallas waived their 2023 4th rounder DT villami fehoko. I should say he's a 3-4 end. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/viliami-fehoko-jr./32004645-4861-8217-1d00-cf690e1c911e

As much as I hate to say, one of the best drafting teams in the last ten years is Dallas. 

Makes me wonder--Dallas under Quinn used a 4-2 alignment and Zimmer is running a base 4-3--so maybe this 280 lb player was a tweener with no fit.  I dunno.

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

MHS call the EMS, in my insane panther prediction for 2024.......... Inches will become Miles again and gain close to 1,000 yards!!!

League Of Legends Lol GIF by G2 Esports

with this line, that could happen and it could be a good thing--no sense rushing brooks in, so if Hubbard, Sanders, and Boone can tote the rock, that is  probably good in the long run. 

Question:  Does Blackshear (or Shirden) have return skills? 

Just now, MHS831 said:

Makes me wonder--Dallas under Quinn used a 4-2 alignment and Zimmer is running a base 4-3--so maybe this 280 lb player was a tweener with no fit.  I dunno.

I've honestly never seen him play, but panthers are running with 330 LBers at DEs. Both are bigger than the NT..... You maybe on to a bad scheme fit as the reason. I did hear evero talk about liken the new added A'Shawn Robinson would be key to stopping the run and he replaced Williams whom was in the 290 range. So I may be wasting everyone time with tossing his name out there. 

He was the best name Ive seen waived thus far and still young, still TJ Smith has made panthers 2024 6th expendable. 

• Pie 1