• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster cuts

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Wow. I cannot say enough how much we need him to suck there. But as much as I ridicule Kyle Shanahan if anyone is going to get something out of TMJ it's him.

That maybe the wake up call he needs. When no team claims you.....your ego takes a hit. I bet his agent has been blaming panthers staff, but still the league spoke and said you're not in the top 1700 ranks. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherdad said:

We went from a stacked wide receiving corp to almost nothing. Is that who were rolling with?

Stacked lol

We have one of the worst WR groups in the league. Marshall ISM and Coker aren’t changing that

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

38 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Stacked lol

We have one of the worst WR groups in the league. Marshall ISM and Coker aren’t changing that

Yeah Mingo might choke once the live bullets start flying and XL who knows how long that's going to take if it takes at all. JT Sanders also had a couple funk routes so he's probably still getting up to speed on the playbook

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, 33inNC said:

Watch him go and tear it up there, while we kept (and cut) a few other WR's. 

I wouldn't put any money on that. All other 31 teams passed on using a waiver claim on him, he signed with the 49ers practice squad and they kept 7 Wide Receivers on their 53 man roster. He's at best the #8 WR right now.

Edited by X-Clown

6 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I wouldn't put any money on that. All other 31 teams passed on using a waiver claim on him, he signed with the 49ers practice squad and they kept 7 Wide Receivers on their 53 man roster. He's at best the #8 WR right now.

I think that if it takes more than 2 years to develop into an NFL-caliber player the player is not worth the investment.  If we rode undeveloped talent for longer than that, we become a farm team for the others. I get kinda pissed when we develop talent for 3 years then they have a contract year and demand top dollar.  The window should cliose after two years.  Move on.  If another team wants your project, let them have it, but the NFL is about performance, not potential.

What bothers me is this--we give the first and second rounders more time to develop that the day 3 and undrafted players.  It should be the other way around. If you are a first rounder and you are not on the field as a starter by year two--especially if you decided to come out after 3 years in college--then I am going to have a talk with my GM and you.  In my view, Legette has 1 year.  Raym, on the other hand, might need 2. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1