• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster cuts

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Broncos keep asking reporters to say they are looking at the markets for old WR Tim Patrick and a RB that's bounced around the league in RB Samaje Perine

Why does Ian rapoport take their money and report that trash. 

Perine will re-sign with Bengals once he's cut tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im being real- bounce year for sanders. Boone was impressive too, but I don't see him on the 53, I feel he's a prime-time PSer. 

For sure Blackshear has returner skills, he was 6th in KO average (I believe, Ill check). He a decent 3rd down RB as well. 

Blacksheer has a lot more juice than he gets credit for.  He looked really, really good when Wilks was the HC.  I like him as the current 2a/b over Sanders

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

This is the type of player you take a flyer on!!!  Put this guy in process blue!!!  At worst he can be a top notch ST player and rotational OLB

Apparently he's accrued enough seasons that he doesn't hit waivers. He'll be a FA so can pick where he wants to sign. He grew up in Charlotte though so maybe he would enjoy playing near home 

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Agreed, just wondering if there was any sentimental folks out there that would like another go around.

I’d love if Corral got another shot here.

I used to argue with @mrcompletely11 about him all the time. Only guy who liked him more than me was that Young Lion guy. Forget his name. 

Either way, getting attached to a player is a hell of a drug. Probably own MrC an apology. I was a butthurt bitch at times. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’d love if Corral got another shot here.

I used to argue with @mrcompletely11 about him all the time. Only guy who liked him more than me was that Young Lion guy. Forget his name. 

Either way, getting attached to a player is a hell of a drug. Probably own MrC an apology. I was a butthurt bitch at times. 

Rippadon!  

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I see how each of you could think that way--when Lane gets back, we have Horn, Smith-Wade, Jackson, Jackson, Hill, and Jamison.  Is that group better than WRs Johnson, Legette, Thielen, Mingo, Smith-Marsette/Moore/Coker/Marshall Jr? 

Since Clowney's career has been so inconsistent, I worry about OLB as well.  We have not seen Wonnum or Clowney, and they are not scary to most NFL OLs.  Then we have a bunch of developmental players we hope come of age.

IMO, yes because I don't really view our WR corps as containing any two deep caliber WR's outside Johnson and 108 year old AT. 

There is certainly no equivalent of Hill/Jackson/etc. There is DEFINITELY no equivalent for Horn.

OLB/EDGE is just gonna have to be a "figure it out" group this season. But, younger guys like Barno and DJ Johnson will get a lot of reps and we can see if they need to be cut loose/upgraded next offseason or not. It's not all bad because of that. 

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

this is what Rivera did not do..I think Barno, DJ johnson, and Leota are going to be decent rotational players, but if Evero can spark something in Chaisson---that would be all we need.

At CB, without pressure, you get exposed

Well we also had much better caliber players at that time too so although he was an older vet guy to a fault, he did usually have some decent ammo.

This is a different animal. This roster is fuging horrible, so we are going to get to see all these fringe players, rookies and raw material get a lot more reps than normal.

Yes it will suck in the sense that our defense is likely to struggle to be consistent over the course of the season but as long as our FO doesn't end up being lightspeed retarded(TBD) then we will get extended looks at a lot of guys in our two deep to see what we have and whether they are worth developing or replacing.

Hence why I keep saying I am not going to get super wound up about the W's and L's this year. I want to see evidence we have w coaching staff that is capable of putting together a winning gameplan. I want to see that our FO isn't utterly incompetent. If we can tick those two boxes, everything is good. We just have to take some lumps over the next few seasons while we rebuild this pile of ash into a real franchise again.