• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn’s future with the Panthers

8 minutes ago, NAS said:

almost everyone wanted CMC gone due to injuries and now that he is playing like a hall of famer they’re pissed. Horn will be special his injury days are behind him

CMC missed no time his first three years and his 2nd injury year he came back and we shelved him after we lost huge to Miami and Marty start building up his excuses. If we had a chance to make the playoffs, he would have played. I remember that game and still don't know when he got hurt. Horn hasn’t finished a single season yet. We need to see that first.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Tepper Turf has something to do with it--i think Horn's injuries were at home in Charlotte--so I am concerned that this surface may not be conducive to his style of play.   Some tennis players (I can't remember who) said they never won certain tournaments because the surface was not conducive to their style of play--some complained of injuries--like groins on clay, ankles on grass--etc.  Just curious.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

almost everyone wanted CMC gone due to injuries and now that he is playing like a hall of famer they’re pissed. Horn will be special his injury days are behind him

If this is true I would definitely keep him. No denying he is a very solid corner when healthy. His only knock from keeping him from being the best is that injury bug. Lets hope he is over it because he could be a huge important piece on defense

Here is how I see it---if he can bring top value to a team that feels they have all the pieces in place for a run, then his value is high and salary is low---we are not going on a Super Bowl run this year--would a package of picks not serve the rebuild better?  Let's say we need to move up for a QB 3-4 spots. We have 2 first round picks....or lets say we don't need to move up for a QB--we can draft a top college CB and a top edge rusher, for example.  I can see the team going that direction considering where they are in the developmental process.  Horn getting $30m in 2025 could be bad for the whole team development.  Like passing on the Burns trade with the Rams, for example.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see it---if he can bring top value to a team that feels they have all the pieces in place for a run, then his value is high and salary is low---we are not going on a Super Bowl run this year--would a package of picks not serve the rebuild better?  Let's say we need to move up for a QB 3-4 spots. We have 2 first round picks....or lets say we don't need to move up for a QB--we can draft a top college CB and a top edge rusher, for example.  I can see the team going that direction considering where they are in the developmental process.  Horn getting $30m in 2025 could be bad for the whole team development.  Like passing on the Burns trade with the Rams, for example.

Yeah I think that’d be a good move. Get a 1st rounder back while we recover from the likely disaster of the Bryce Young trade. 

• Pie 1

Here is an unfair generalization that I've heard a couple times and it makes sense to me.  NFL players that come from NFL families (ie. Horn and CMC) often times aren't as willing to play through injury as other players.  The theory is they are well advised because their dad's played professionally and know that playing injured shortens your career.  Who knows, but this made sense to me when I heard it and I've heard this several times.  My prediction is Horn is going to have a big year and be injury free.  

Edited by jtm
  • Pie 1