• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else shamelessly 'pro tank'? (Lay on the floor for Sheduer)

1 hour ago, App Panther said:

The player to tank for was Caleb Williams. Which we did, sorta.

Crazy how many years it would have benefited us to pick No. 1 in the draft and we won some random games.  Then the one year we finally earn it again, we don't even have the pick.  It really can't get much worse than that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

you all know that the #1 ranked QB in the nation (who happens to be Beck, not Sanders) can change a lot.  Some underdog will surface (like Burrow, Nix) and some sure fire #1 overall will drop (Howell, Rattler, e.g.)---About Sanders--can you imagine dealing with his father and him during contract negotiations?  Yikes.  I like UGA's Beck, and there are about two or three sleepers who could step up this year.  Ewers, for example. My dark horses?  Donovan Smith, Houston, Will Howard, Ohio State, and my favorite--Jalon Daniels, Kansas (needs to stay healthy).  However, any of these QBs could emerge as a top 10 draft pick:    Dart (Ole Miss), Milroe (Bama) or Gabriel (Oregon).  So many names we just do not know that well due to the transfer portal, but there is some strong potential. 

I still hope Bryce becomes the guy.  Now or never.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3

I could totally see Tepper draft Sanders even after his camp tells him he won't play here, then they have to trade him to a middling team for their first rounder in 2026. That would be one hell of a Panthers kinda move.

As bad a pick and player/draft capital management as occurred to get Bryce Young.  I do not want Sanders on our Panthers.  Riley Leonard may be the next big QB in the draft to really position for.  There are certainly others as well.

• 2 weeks later...