• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else shamelessly 'pro tank'? (Lay on the floor for Sheduer)

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What are the red flags?

I saw a talented QB behind the worst Oline in college football history. Kind of hard to survive when you're running for your life as soon as the ball is snapped.

Of course he’s talented, I just don’t see him remotely comparable to the types of prospects  worth “tanking” for a la Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, TLaw, etc, though I’d never root for the team to lose regardless

- Hasn’t struggled against good teams
- Openly insulted a former team mate to the media
- Only ever coached by his Dad. Never playing any meaningful football where the leader of the team isn’t your Dad is a red flag to me.
-Comes across as caring more about padding his stats than than winning, holds on to the ball way too long
-Average arm 

The people saying they’d rather win a few games clearly have learnt nothing 

Tepper will 1000% want to make another aggressive move to land a QB. It was the reason why I was hoping we’d lose out in 2022 because I knew a move was coming. 

We seriously can’t afford to trade whatever little talent we have remaining and more picks to land another QB

Unless Bryce looks like a completely different player week 1 then lose out please 

• Pie 2

I always hated the tanking conversation. I wasn't raised that way. I don't really believe it's a thing. Yeah, probably it's been done a little but I think it's much rarer than this conversation. There are no sure thing draft picks. Throwing away a whole season to draft a player who stats show is more or less like flipping a coin makes zero sense to me. I'd rather lose like a man than win as a cheat. 

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, Coheed said:

Of course he’s talented, I just don’t see him remotely comparable to the types of prospects  worth “tanking” for a la Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, TLaw, etc, though I’d never root for the team to lose regardless

- Hasn’t struggled against good teams
- Openly insulted a former team mate to the media
- Only ever coached by his Dad. Never playing any meaningful football where the leader of the team isn’t your Dad is a red flag to me.
-Comes across as caring more about padding his stats than than winning, holds on to the ball way too long
-Average arm 

Only ever coached by his Dad who just so happens to be arguably the greatest defensive play in the history of the league. So that also means he has had a nfl pedigree ever since he was a kid and already has the perfect guiding system in place and someone to tell him what it takes to be NFL player. I dont see that as a negative. 

Padding stats thing comes across more as a forced critique then a legitimate criticism. How many times have we ever discussed a qb padding their stats? Qbs have to make plays at every opportunity, its not like Colorado was a ultra talented team plus that defense was trash against good teams so a qb in a position of playing from behind is gonna feel forced to do more giving the opportunity. We know that very well from the early days with Cam when he would lead the team in TDs, passing yards, and rushing yards. NOBODY here ever accused him of padding his stats in losing because we understood the team wasnt good yet so Cam had to do more.  Ever since Deion got to Colorado that team has gotten unnecessary hate by the public and other teams because of the attention given to them by the media regardless of if Deion or shaedur has done anything. Im not worried about the drama as much as other people because thats more of a colorado thing only, and wont be coming to an NFL team when he gets drafted.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

It's one fan and he's being bombarded with poo emojis.

OP clearly expected more support here based on how most threads end up. Which he got in the second post of the thread btw, then once all the poo emojis started rolling in I’m sure that kept most others from joining in. But it’s clearly not just one fan.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

OP clearly expected more support here based on how most threads end up. Which he got in the second post of the thread btw, then once all the poo emojis started rolling in I’m sure that kept most others from joining in. But it’s clearly not just one fan.

True but the issue is when anyone who isn’t 100% on board with everything the team does gets lumped in with those people.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
a word

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

LOL...if a QBs highest projection currently is 4. You might as well get use to them being in the conversation to go no.1 by the draft.

May was 3 or 4 in early Mocks. Went 3rd and was never going to go ahead of Williams. Similar to how Sanders is unlikely to go ahead of Beck.