• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else shamelessly 'pro tank'? (Lay on the floor for Sheduer)

A team that waiting for a savior is like the low self esteem high school kid waiting for a decently looking girl to ask him to prom. 

Losing is NEVER ok. In racing terms, you run what you brung. That is not how a team builds a culture of winning and pride. 

• Pie 2

Didn't Deon say Shedur is NOT allowed to be drafted by the Panthers as one of his no teams? We may have a situation where he is drafted by us but has to be traded away because of daddy so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for him unless the organization changes daddy prime times mind. Thats if we suck worst in the league of course and that would mean a total melt down collapse of Bryce. I guess I will worry about that if and when it happens but im hoping to see them improve this season so I guess im not a tanker this season off the bat. If we lose like 6 in a row and look like poo, I may be singing a whole different tune though

35 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

The time to tank was in 2022…. This fanbase man. Yall were too busy thinking we were sb contenders with 6 wins. Fk me 

Yep, count me as one who wanted to take that Brian Burns trade and evaluate our roster depth once that season went in the shitter. But this dude talking about tanking after 2 preseason games is just embarrassing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Tanking doesn’t really work when draft picks are far from certain. 

I’d like to see the team have a stable period of rebuilding. 

That's what it is going to take is stable rebuilding. We are devoid of talent due to mismanagement and terrible drafting. Our division is trash and we can build toward competency over the next few years starting with our defense like we did in 02. The QBs are even wearing the same number 9. 😂

2 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

That's what it is going to take is stable rebuilding. We are devoid of talent due to mismanagement and terrible drafting. Our division is trash and we can build toward competency over the next few years starting with our defense like we did in 02. The QBs are even wearing the same number 9. 😂

Yeah it’s funny how I miss the John Fox days of never even glancing at a competent QB lol. Good defense at least! 

and another quote backing that the injuries and readiness were linked together...

PS the starters have a better grasp of the system as they get most of the reps in practice and TC.

“Honestly, it was really just about the grasp of the system,” Canales explained. “Going back to that, talking about the confident play. I was open to playing them in the first one. I was open to playing in the second one. We had that great, great week of work against the Jets and we had a couple of guys, we knew we were going to get back this week. So it was like, why don’t we wait another week to get a stronger group to put out there.”

There’s more than enough talent on this team to go at least .500 with a JAG+ QB. Bryce right now I’d put as a JAG-, but I’m really interested in seeing how things go this year.

There are dudes on this offense with big play ability. The talent around him at WR and RB ain’t bad. the defense seems like it could be formidable this year. Evero is about to show what good coaching and dawg attitude looks like and what it’s capable of. We do have some DUDES on that defense despite what people may say. The Browns picked in the top 5 for years and were still losers. 

With Bryce, it’s going to be attitude. This meekness ish has to go. If he rushes for a first down, takes a nasty shot, springs up a la Smitty and spins the ball on the ground while staring daggers at homeboy, I will jump for joy. 

The team that draft Shedeur will regret it for a decade. The guy has crash and burn diva written all over him and will bring a baggage train of hangers on and his dad as a Coach. 

And honestly, he ain't that great. His PR firm is stellar, though.

• Pie 1