• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else shamelessly 'pro tank'? (Lay on the floor for Sheduer)

The worst possible scenario for this franchise is a 6 or 7 win campaign (led mainly by the defense) which would make it harder if not impossible to move on from Bryce in the draft. Imagine feeling as hopeless as you do right now again a year from now. And possibly years after that as we move from stop gap to stop gap (i.e the first few years under Tepper) and whatever is left of this fanbase continues to wither away or becomes Baltimore Raven fans. The Bryce trade may go down as the worst in the history of professional sports. This franchise passed on CJ Stroud and Caleb Williams, for Bryce Young, while trading away the guy that would have been Bryce Youngs number 1 weapon in the same trade lol.  The stench of that deal will linger as long as Bryce is QB1 and we don't have a franchise QB of our own. Its not like the team will have to 'tank' in order to lose 13 games anyway, but for the sake of my love of football there has never been a better time to lay on the damn floor.

.colorado-buffaloes-quarterback-shedeur-sanders-841996870.thumb.webp.80454a51a52164b51834bb8940c194be.webp

• The D 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 35

Nope. Let's see how our QB fares this season. 

Insert your fantasy QB into this team: they still have to deal with the REST of the team.

Also, I'm not sure Sanders will want to play for the Panthers.  He could pull a Manning (since his dad is a NFL HoFer, well connected, etc). He could very easily play games to adjust his own draft stock, even if we were No. 1.

Shedeur is currently the #1 QB on my board. I will be watching college football more than the NFL this season. The QB's will be my major focus.

As far as drafting him you have to consider his father may not want him in Carolina. He already said his son isn't playing just for any franchise. Given our track record over the past few years it's safe to assume we are one of those teams he would not want his son to play for.

We shall see how it all plays out. For all we know Bryce might have a bounce back season and this is a non issue.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Beer 1

Prime already said he has a list of teams his son will play for. I doubt we made that list. I do like Sanders as a prospect. Maybe we can do an Eli trade and walk away with Beck plus some assets in a trade back if it comes to that? 

Deon's "pull an Eli" statement was practically directed at Carolina. Unless he's bluffing there's no way Sheduer's playing here.

Bryce will get the team where they need to be in the draft. No need to tank. If he peels off 6 or 7 wins the pick is probably better spent on a different position anyway.

I don't see tanking as a thing. Even in some of our worst years going back to 2019 we were never bad enough for the first pick anyway except last year.

By Halloween we will know everything there is to know about the 2024 Panthers and the fanbase will go from there accordingly regardless.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Prime already said he has a list of teams his son will play for. I doubt we made that list. I do like Sanders as a prospect. Maybe we can do an Eli trade and walk away with Beck plus some assets in a trade back if it comes to that? 

Never understood why some player let outside people decide what they want to do with their career. 
Sanders son should go where he wants to go not where he dad says. If the Panthers draft him that is where he should play. None of this stupid Eli crap, even though he is not on the same level as Eli. 
Always a bad sign when parents meddle. Pisses me off. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1