• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers acquire cornerback Michael Jackson in trade with Seahawks

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Not to say that we lose any positioning, but that when we put in that first waiver claim it won't have to be for a DB and the team ends up missing out on OL/QB3/EDGE.

To my understanding (and please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong), being first in priority doesn't mean that the Panthers get all of their players that they put in a claim for but rather they'll get the first one, and if the second one goes unclaimed by the remainder of the league they'll be able to land them, and so on.

Still trying to find clear and concise rules though to make sure. The way that I understand it to work means that the Panthers can put that first claim towards OL, QB3, or EDGE instead of putting in for the CB first and potentially losing a guy at one of those other positions that they want to bring in.

I have read two or three things and that particular procedure is elusive. I know in FF we used to go to the back of the line. 

We will get our pick of them all though, at least. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I have read two or three things and that particular procedure is elusive. I know in FF we used to go to the back of the line. 

We will get our pick of them all though, at least. 

I'm looking at two different write ups where one says we'll get whoever we want when it comes time to put in a claim during those first 3 weeks like you mentioned while the other says it's not that way.

I guess we'll find out next Tuesday/Wednesday. Personally, I want it to be the way you suggested where the team can just claim whoever tf they want and roll from there. 😛

When I saw that I said, well that was something Fitterer couldn’t trade away (because he would have).

Vested Vets bypass waivers until after the trade deadline. Then, they have to pass through. 

Meaning I think, 4 years (?) experience gets vested status

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

While we had Seattle on the phone we should've seen if we could've gotten Howell in exchange for Bryce.

Calm down, I'm just kidding.

Because they would've just laughed at us.

The sad part this is actually true.

Based on last season you can't convince me Howell would be a better option than Bryce moving forward.

Good thing is Bryce has a chance to redeem himself this season. If he has another stinker good chance we move on. The size thing still has me doubting his abilities, but his college tape gives me hope he can figure it out. Hopefully he proves us all wrong.

I liked Barrett at Mich and wanted to see what he could do for the team. ST ace writing all over him at worst. All fight was also the highest rated guy on Def this last Panthers game(didn't watch so)

The Panthers definitely needed CBs though so this sounds like the rare win-win for both.

• Pie 1

This is a home run trade. Getting a contributing piece to a team for a 7th rounder is good business. ESPECIALLY considering according to Mike Kaye Barrett was likely going to get cut 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SOJA said:

This is a home run trade. Getting a contributing piece to a team for a 7th rounder is good business. ESPECIALLY considering according to Mike Kaye Barrett was likely going to get cut 

Jackson probably was too. This was just two teams swapping trash on the chance that someone else's trash was a better fit for their roster than their current trash.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jackson probably was too. This was just two teams swapping trash on the chance that someone else's trash was a better fit for their roster than their current trash.

yes but then we (the worst team in the league) are competing for the services of an established veteran corner which 85% of the teams in the league could use 

• Pie 2

Im here to poop on Morgan some.

At a first glance, I still don't know how to feel. Jackson started in 22 and had a great year. Before that, he bounced around. Then seahawks tendered him and gave him a 167,000 SB(rip). COme draft they spent 2 picks on CBs and it was looking like Jackson is going to be the odd man out.

Morgan already spent a early 3rd on LB and spent another 7th on Barrentt. Gave him a 23,000 SB (rip dead cap)* but he's under contract for 4 very cheap years. 

I swear go down the draft pick list-

1st- Injuries and looking like bench player

2nd- On PUP looking like he is going to miss the first 6 weeks

3rd- Backup and SPer *future MLB starter in 25??

4th- Backup and struggling to block

5th- Top backup, *future NB in 25??

6th- Loookinng cut currently and injured like most of the rookies have been

7th- Trade for a one year player that started in the past. 

UDFA- nothing that's made the Twitter news

Most around here agree, this is the weakest NFL roster and Dan Morgan had one draft pick in each round. No starters and half the picks will not be on the team for the first 6 weeks. 

Terrible start. 

• Poo 3