• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers acquire cornerback Michael Jackson in trade with Seahawks

Seahawks still dealing. Bears stacking up on edge guys. They already drafted Austin Booker in the 5th who has been looking good in preseason. On paper Poles has this Bears roster set up nicely. Not sure what Seattle gets out of a 6th unless this guy was a definite cut. Would've been an upgrade at situational pass rush for us

16 hours ago, Martin said:

I’m going to counter this one as I think we have 4 starters in round 2-5, which is very very good. Not sure how much more you can ask from a draft than that And maybe Legette pans out as well, that would make it a fantastic draft.

Trevin Wallace has looked really really good, and I don’t get the comment about  Sanders struggling to block? I know it was in his draft profile, but the last preseason game I watched he did a very good job. 

So I would say it looks like a really good, potentially great draft to me so far.

13 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Yall are wild. Judging rookies and we haven’t played our first game yet. On top of that, we’ve heard and seen positive things from our mid to late round picks. 

8 hours ago, NAS said:

Are some people seriously criticizing Morgan for trading a 7th rounder to fill a key gap in our roster?  I know we’re not in win now mode but it had ti be addressed. This was a really good trade for us

3 hours ago, Panthering said:

What's funny is I wouldn't be surprised if we look back on this draft class as one of the best in recent memory for the Panthers. We're both coming to these conclusions/thoughts before they've played a single down of regular season football though 😂

Is this not the worst roster in all the land??

Yes, well it has the most room AND need for talent. While its farrrr too early, the draft picks are looking like 3 out of 7 will not be helping this piss-poor roster the first 6 weeks. It is too early and nit picking, but if a rookie is cut or traded before the first snap you can for sure break the rule of judgement.

Morgan had 7 picks to add starting talent and the best he's done is you need to wait until 2025. That's the issue. In order to have a good draft you need 2 legit starters, 1 top backup, and 1 depth. The 2025 draft could leap over this "2024 but wait til 2025" one. 

Im in a pissing mode that he wasn't able to find a couple of talented starters for the team that most needs them. Maybe the draft wasn't the best group, he still had 4 picks in the 101 including 2 in the first 39. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

On 8/22/2024 at 10:48 AM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

As long as your last name is Jackson, you are eligible to try out for the Panthers CB position. Donte Jackson, Dane Jackson, Lamar Jackson, come on down Michael Jackson!! 

And let's not forget Fellatio... Jackson 

• The D 2

I actually feel the opposite about our draft class this year. It looks like all four of our first  picks will contribute to the team. That's WAAAAAY better than what we've done in almost ten years 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 1

Just now, SOJA said:

I actually feel the opposite about our draft class this year. It looks like all four of our first round picks will contribute to the team. That's WAAAAAY better than what we've done in almost ten years 

o6OJaUn-IzLaqga49tU9n9HbX33yRCwMXQAt0VQTIsk.gif.2140ea89c60eb317a282990ff4272aed.gif

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...