• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers acquire cornerback Michael Jackson in trade with Seahawks

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im here to poop on Morgan some.

At a first glance, I still don't know how to feel. Jackson started in 22 and had a great year. Before that, he bounced around. Then seahawks tendered him and gave him a 167,000 SB(rip). COme draft they spent 2 picks on CBs and it was looking like Jackson is going to be the odd man out.

Morgan already spent a early 3rd on LB and spent another 7th on Barrentt. Gave him a 23,000 SB (rip dead cap)* but he's under contract for 4 very cheap years. 

I swear go down the draft pick list-

1st- Injuries and looking like bench player

2nd- On PUP looking like he is going to miss the first 6 weeks

3rd- Backup and SPer *future MLB starter in 25??

4th- Backup and struggling to block

5th- Top backup, *future NB in 25??

6th- Loookinng cut currently and injured like most of the rookies have been

7th- Trade for a one year player that started in the past. 

UDFA- nothing that's made the Twitter news

Most around here agree, this is the weakest NFL roster and Dan Morgan had one draft pick in each round. No starters and half the picks will not be on the team for the first 6 weeks. 

Terrible start. 

Hes starting to look like another dud drafter.

• Poo 4

9 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

If you can not draft a starter on the worst roster, that's a huge issue. 

Im not big on positional drafting, but he drafted two LBs and one Rb with Hubbard, inches, and blackshear. 

I know we got to wait on brooks and well wallance too. Sanders as well........

It's awful early to judge, but right this time..... it smells. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Living in Seahawk country, I got a little lowdown from a good friend of mine. 

In a nutshell, he said we got a good one. Jackson isn't going to be confused for the second coming of Patrick Peterson or Revis, but he said he's sad to see him go. He said it was inevitable since they've drafted two young CBs that are studs and have a lot of talent at the position. 

Physical and good technique and lots of fans liked how he filled in when the younger guys went down with injury. 

Seems like a solid win-win for both teams. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

At a first glance, I still don't know how to feel. Jackson started in 22 and had a great year. Before that, he bounced around. Then seahawks tendered him and gave him a 167,000 SB(rip). COme draft they spent 2 picks on CBs and it was looking like Jackson is going to be the odd man out.

Morgan already spent a early 3rd on LB and spent another 7th on Barrentt. Gave him a 23,000 SB (rip dead cap)* but he's under contract for 4 very cheap years. 

Most around here agree, this is the weakest NFL roster and Dan Morgan had one draft pick in each round. No starters and half the picks will not be on the team for the first 6 weeks. 

Terrible start. 

I’m going to counter this one as I think we have 4 starters in round 2-5, which is very very good. Not sure how much more you can ask from a draft than that And maybe Legette pans out as well, that would make it a fantastic draft.

Trevin Wallace has looked really really good, and I don’t get the comment about  Sanders struggling to block? I know it was in his draft profile, but the last preseason game I watched he did a very good job. 

So I would say it looks like a really good, potentially great draft to me so far.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Yall are wild. Judging rookies and we haven’t played our first game yet. On top of that, we’ve heard and seen positive things from our mid to late round picks. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Martin said:

I’m going to counter this one as I think we have 4 starters in round 2-5, which is very very good. Not sure how much more you can ask from a draft than that And maybe Legette pans out as well, that would make it a fantastic draft.

Trevin Wallace has looked really really good, and I don’t get the comment about  Sanders struggling to block? I know it was in his draft profile, but the last preseason game I watched he did a very good job. 

So I would say it looks like a really good, potentially great draft to me so far.

I don’t think receiving TEs, if that is what Sanders is, should be expected to come in fully formed ready to do the entire job, as a 4th rounder. 

Happy to hear Wallace is looking pretty good, I didn’t know anything about him before the draaft but liked what I saw and read well enough. And was thinking Morgan should know a LB when he sees one. So, good, maybe that wasn’t a fug up after all. 

I don’t really mind taking lower floor but higher ceiling guys that may take a year longer to be ready. Not in this situation, it is just not a one year fix. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

Are some people seriously criticizing Morgan for trading a 7th rounder to fill a key gap in our roster?  I know we’re not in win now mode but it had ti be addressed. This was a really good trade for us

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Icege said:

Went ahead and asked the Panthers discord. Sounds like as long as the Panthers have space on the 53 they'll get their picks of the litter. WOOT!

Aha, that adds more color to Morgan's "second draft" comments. I know I'm not supposed to say it but it appears there might be a..... plan?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

17 hours ago, Basbear said:

Terrible start. 

What's funny is I wouldn't be surprised if we look back on this draft class as one of the best in recent memory for the Panthers. We're both coming to these conclusions/thoughts before they've played a single down of regular season football though 😂

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

15 hours ago, RJK said:

When Dane comes back and if Horn can stay healthy this could be the best secondary the panthers have put on the field in damn near a decade. 

This guy is very solid and played well in Seattle. He played above his head and they are hedging their bets on young guys instead of moving forward with him. We stepped in and cleaned up with the opportunity before anyone else. People who are negative about this are baffling to me.