• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers acquire cornerback Michael Jackson in trade with Seahawks

I Can’t Help It, the Panthers are BAD and Wanna Be Starting Somethin’. It’s Human Nature to start with the Man In The Mirror and make a change. Sometimes it’s not Black or White, but as long as they are Workin’ Day and Night, it begins with Michael Jackson to Beat It and Get Off The Wall.

• Flames 3

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Trading for Jackson also means that the team can use that waiver wire priority to pick up their favorite OL, EDGE, or QB3 instead.

They don’t lose their priority I don’t think. Until the standings start counting after week 3 is done. 

Unless I am way wrong. Which I could be;

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

They don’t lose their priority I don’t think. Until the standings start counting after week 3 is done. 

Unless I am way wrong. Which I could be;

Not to say that we lose any positioning, but that when we put in that first waiver claim it won't have to be for a DB and the team ends up missing out on OL/QB3/EDGE.

To my understanding (and please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong), being first in priority doesn't mean that the Panthers get all of their players that they put in a claim for but rather they'll get the first one, and if the second one goes unclaimed by the remainder of the league they'll be able to land them, and so on.

Still trying to find clear and concise rules though to make sure. The way that I understand it to work means that the Panthers can put that first claim towards OL, QB3, or EDGE instead of putting in for the CB first and potentially losing a guy at one of those other positions that they want to bring in.

• Pie 1