• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

Just now, Joe Bear said:

I appreciate your unwavering commitment to hyperbole and yes, saying he had one of the worst rookie seasons ever is indeed hyperbole, because what you've shared above is one metric in a sea of them. That's like saying a guy who had a slightly TD-INT ratio had one of the greatest seasons of all time.

Brother we're both fans here and regardless of me sharing these uncomfortable truths I still want the same thing as you. For this franchise to start winning again and regain respect across the league. We simply have different approaches. If someone wants to stuff these truths under the couch cushions that's fine and somewhat understandable. But as a competitor you don't get better running from your faults. You face them head on. Use it all as fuel to get better. That's what we need to see from our leader on offense.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Brother we're both fans here and regardless of me sharing these uncomfortable truths I still want the same thing as you. For this franchise to start winning again and regain respect across the league. We simply have different approaches. If someone wants to stuff these truths under the couch cushions that's fine and somewhat understandable. But as a competitor you don't get better running from your faults. You face them head on. Use it all as fuel to get better. That's what we need to see from our leader on offense.

I get that and it's not really an uncomfortable truth to me, it's just not an accurate statement. Like, I could say Zach Wilson had one of the best seasons by a veteran QB because he was one of the league leaders in fourth-quarter comebacks. That would be ridiculous, right? But it's the same principle: take one metric and use it as gospel.

At the end of the day I'm no more tethered to Bryce Young than I was to any of his predecessors. He'll win games, or he'll get replaced.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

a week? He was asked how he spent his offseason. It remains a bad answer.  This is the over defending part.  It’s not the end of the world nor does his quote actually paint an accurate picture.  But that’s what the Panthers essentially painted to kick off this year. 

"Literally. Nothing," he replied with a laugh. "I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it“ 

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Way to miss the next line of the article..:

“Of course, you don't end up winning a Heisman or being picked first overall if you're too good at laying about doing nothing. And he admitted that sleeping in lasted all of about a week, at which point he got back to morning workouts and getting ready for the physical challenges to come.”

Let me guess, this part is a lie…

5 hours ago, X-Clown said:

For one week. Poster I quoted in another thread said all offseason and no training. Scroll back a couple of pages for more details 

Not sure what you watched he never said for a weak. He said he got away from football and watched Netflix, scroll thru your head and realize.

2 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Way to miss the next line of the article..:

“Of course, you don't end up winning a Heisman or being picked first overall if you're too good at laying about doing nothing. And he admitted that sleeping in lasted all of about a week, at which point he got back to morning workouts and getting ready for the physical challenges to come.”

Let me guess, this part is a lie…

In the quote I shared, it had the workout in it.  I guess you overlooked that.  So I didn’t include it being mentioned twice. 

so again, it’s a bad quote by Bryce.  And it’s bad his team is the one that was selling it given the season he had.  Not sure why that can’t just be that.  

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not sure what you watched he never said for a weak. He said he got away from football and watched Netflix, scroll thru your head and realize.

Have someone print out the post above yours and read it to you