• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

1 hour ago, frankw said:

As if you don't too

That guy is still mad at me because I blocked his best buddy. He still comments and responds to post directed at me despite him having me on his block list.

Yet he's claiming not to take this board seriously lmao.

This is why I love the huddle.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That guy is still mad at me because I blocked his best buddy. He still comments and responds to post directed at me despite him having me on his block list.

Yet he's claiming not to take this board seriously lmao.

This is why I love the huddle.

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

There goes the goal posts. He said he stayed away from football and watched Netflix. Straight from his chubby cute cheeks.

For one week. Poster I quoted in another thread said all offseason and no training. Scroll back a couple of pages for more details 

14 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

For one week. Poster I quoted in another thread said all offseason and no training. Scroll back a couple of pages for more details 

a week? He was asked how he spent his offseason. It remains a bad answer.  This is the over defending part.  It’s not the end of the world nor does his quote actually paint an accurate picture.  But that’s what the Panthers essentially painted to kick off this year. 

"Literally. Nothing," he replied with a laugh. "I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it“ 

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

a week? He was asked how he spent his offseason. It remains a bad answer.  This is the over defending part.  It’s not the end of the world nor does his quote actually paint an accurate picture.  But that’s what the Panthers essentially painted to kick off this year. 

"Literally. Nothing," he replied with a laugh. "I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it“ 

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

That’s our 1st overall pick, folks! Traded the farm for this guy. Jesus…

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

It was not a good look following one of the worst statistical seasons for any rookie QB ever. There is no way around it. Idk why anyone would be trying to downplay it. If Cam said that poo he would have been tarred and feathered immediately. But Bryce Young can change the whole nnarrative. Hopefully he does. This franchise needs it. We'll see.

Edited by frankw

1 hour ago, frankw said:

It was not a good look following one of the worst statistical seasons for any rookie QB ever.

Solid exaggeration. Probably not in the top 100 worst statistical seasons for a rookie QB. Young struggled enough, there's no sense in making false claims on top of it.

16 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

Solid exaggeration. Probably not in the top 100 worst statistical seasons for a rookie QB. Young struggled enough, there's no sense in making false claims on top of it.

He had one of the lowest YPA's in the history of the league for any QB. It was historical for the wrong reasons.

There is no false claim to be made. The data is the data. If you take issue with the data then that's a you problem.

Enjoy the game today!

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

spacer.png

I appreciate your unwavering commitment to hyperbole and yes, saying he had one of the worst rookie seasons ever is indeed hyperbole, because what you've shared above is one metric in a sea of them. That's like saying a guy who had a slightly positive TD-INT ratio had one of the greatest seasons of all time. Clearly no one's going to change your mind, which is great, because that's not what I'm trying to do.

Have a great one.

Edited by Joe Bear

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Way to also quote the part where he said the sleeping in lasted about a week before he got back to working out every day. Or ignore the fact that we know he worked in Cali with several teammates privately. Why are we talking about this again? Aaron Rodgers does darkness retreats, Tom Brady does fashion shows, Mahomes shoots commercials and has a wife. You think to be a top QB you can’t take literally a couple chill weeks ever? All these other guys have a playbook in front of them while they’re chilling in the Bahamas with a pina colada? Has to be nothing but football 365 24/7? Honestly this is so stupid and ridiculous and shows just how much of a hard on some of you have for hating on one player no matter what he does.

• Pie 1