• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean this is where I think the over defender thing comes into play…

A young QB simply have a bad answer to a question.  But somehow it can’t even be that? 

they asked him what he did this offseason….his answer summed up accurately highlighted getting away from football, being alone and watching Netflix. 

it was a bad answer because HE paints a poor and inaccurate picture.  Because later he would talk about football things he actually did do.  But he is young.  

and the counter to that is some demand to find him saying the word “all” lol 

I know you love jumping into topics full bore and arguing for the sake of arguing, but below is the post the same guy I originally quoted made in another thread recently. I quoted and asked for his source because I believe it was 100% taken out of context, but hey prove me wrong and show me I’m missing something. He never responded but then posted similar rhetoric in this thread. And his implication is that he should be cut because of it. So yeah I’m gonna call BS when I see things that are being thrown around as facts

IMG_8517.thumb.jpeg.33bb4d6f7ad8494dd21bcdc7693f3803.jpeg

9 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I know you love jumping into topics full bore and arguing for the sake of arguing, but below is the post the same guy I originally quoted made in another thread recently. I quoted and asked for his source because I believe it was 100% taken out of context, but hey prove me wrong and show me I’m missing something. He never responded but then posted similar rhetoric in this thread. And his implication is that he should be cut because of it. So yeah I’m gonna call BS when I see things that are being thrown around as facts

IMG_8517.thumb.jpeg.33bb4d6f7ad8494dd21bcdc7693f3803.jpeg

I didn’t read that as the reason we should cut him but maybe that’s what he implied.  Bryce did have a bad answer to a question.  I think most didn’t like it at the time.   Even the crowd that isn’t sort of over him. Carolina PR didn’t help the dude either, they are the ones that put the quote out.   

He didn’t quote him accurately but he got the overall jest right of how people took his comment at the time IMO. 

arguing about things that don’t matter that are Panther related is basically the only gift Tepper’s team provides

6 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Anyone know Bryces come back player of the year odds are. I want to believe

I don’t think you get a come back award if you were not there in the first place.  He gets a still there award or a that’s more like it award. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Still waiting for a source that says Bryce was playing Fortnight all off season, you've already dodged the request once but keep repeating this in other threads like it's gospel. 

Well I belive what he wrote. Bryce only plays video games.  I'm your average stupid American. If I read it online or whatever the TV heads are talking about I belive every word. I just now heard them on TV say that a bad man is running for office against a great woman. I have to support the great woman now because TV told me to. Oh look a butterfly.....

• Pie 1

I really could not care less once I thought about it and understood that - I believed - the team was not going to compete for postseason play, this season. 
From the starters playing or not, the draft picks starting right away, or not, I don’t see the urgency to do anything this year besides give Young his fair evaluation.

Which much effort has been made towards that. 

If it is between a low ceiling immediate starter, as opposed to a higher ceiling work up to being a starter type, I am fine with picking a guy to be a starter in 2025.  We had FA for starters this year fwiw, also. 

we have all season to work this out. The thought about how long the OL takes I agree with. Judge them after 6 or 8 games. 
which would be in the time frame for Brooks to be ready too. Then maybe we could better see what the 2025 team could look like. 
We aren’t going to see that this week or game 1, for that matter. It’ll be fun seeing what it looks like for 2024 yes it will, good or bad. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t think you get a come back award if you were not there in the first place.  He gets a still there award or a that’s more like it award. 

I am pretty sure he was talking about the  NFL's Most Improved Player of the year award 

the NFL also has a Come Back Player of the year award but that generally recognizes a player who has come back from an illness or injury 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, bandu said:

I am pretty sure he was talking about the  NFL's Most Improved Player of the year award 

the NFL also has a Come Back Player of the year award but that generally recognizes a player who has come back from an illness or injury 

Or a poo season too I think. But you have to have had a good one to be eligible. 

He could be most improved and still be sub par, which is a Panthers scenario if I ever saw one.  

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Or a poo season too I think. But you have to have had a good one to be eligible. 

He could be most improved and still be sub par, which is a Panthers scenario if I ever saw one.  

I'm trying to remember if 2nd year players typically get most improved?  It's usually assumed that a lot will struggle their rookie year and show good improvement in year 2

• Beer 1