• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He kept saying he is open to playing starters depending on injuries and health. It was the same type of answer each presser. 

The NE game where we didn’t have enough OL to play? I believe Lewis was out, both TEs (Thomas and Tremble), XL, not sure but I believe Corbet was dinged up. 

It just so happens that the same time these players are getting healthy that he is playing them? I mean it all lines up. I don’t think there really is much outside pressure on playing those guys in preseason. That’s a social media/Huddle overreaction. 

You were right about Reich no doubt. I’m ok with admitting I’m wrong when I am. I don’t view him as the same as Canales. They might be polar opposites. Old washed up no emotion vs green full of emotion. Didn’t your tea leaves tell you there is 0% chance the starters play this week because they are hiding the offense? I’m pretty certain you said 0.0%. 

Hope I'm wrong. I hope I have the worst take imaginable in a couple months from now and you bump my posts say looking at these clown thoughts. 

One hundred things are said.  Anyone can cherry pick the ones that think are more true or less.  

Canales long signaled Bryce might not sniff a single rep.  Before any game was up for discussion.  Heading into NE,  he wasn't competing for job he had done that with competing guys.  Then folks argued he doesn't believe in risking folks to injury.  Then it was well, he is actually ok with risking folks to injury if every single player was healthy.    

You don't have to be like me, I basically just make my own assumption based of nothing he says. It should be a mess for Canales early based off our hurdles.  Guys likely aren't ready vs other teams without all the unique scenarios we have.  He has a harder task than most of the league going into those live reps. Then, I start to listen to how he addresses being pressed about his team. 

I think Canales in theory brings a LOT of what I like to the table.  It's my whole bad marriage principle.  Which IMO is really the foundation of most of my opinions of all the Tepper swings.  By design, it's hard to get it to work IMO.  I think this offseason, Canales has a lot of that he is dealing with.  Which I thought Frank and Rhule had as well, although all different variations.  You could see the fail coming by design. 

43 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Didn’t your tea leaves tell you there is 0% chance the starters play this week because they are hiding the offense? I’m pretty certain you said 0.0%. 

60% of the time, I'm right every time. 

R.ecfdaae72887e7e290f258031e8407c0?rik=e

*my wife clearly would argue the 60% is overstated.  In terms of the huddle, I'm still searching to trump my Dwayne Jarrett take and have something even more embarrassing than how bad that one went.   Might of been the worst take in the history of the board given how long I stood by my guy.  He just needs a chance. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hope I'm wrong. I hope I have the worst take imaginable in a couple months from now and you bump my posts say looking at these clown thoughts. 

One hundred things are said.  Anyone can cherry pick the ones that think are more true or less.  

Canales long signaled Bryce might not sniff a single rep.  Before any game was up for discussion.  Heading into NE,  he wasn't competing for job he had done that with competing guys.  Then folks argued he doesn't believe in risking folks to injury.  Then it was well, he is actually ok with risking folks to injury if every single player was healthy.    

You don't have to be like me, I basically just make my own assumption based of nothing he says. It should be a mess for Canales early based off our hurdles.  Guys likely aren't ready vs other teams without all the unique scenarios we have.  He has a harder task than most of the league going into those live reps. Then, I start to listen to how he addresses being pressed about his team. 

I think Canales in theory brings a LOT of what I like to the table.  It's my whole bad marriage principle.  Which IMO is really the foundation of most of my opinions of all the Tepper swings.  By design, it's hard to get it to work IMO.  I think this offseason, Canales has a lot of that he is dealing with.  Which I thought Frank and Rhule had as well, although all different variations.  You could see the fail coming by design. 

I'm not in the bumping old thread comments train (recent are fair game).  We all have bad takes.  If someone claims they don't, they are lying or simply never have any takes.  It's the banter that makes this forum go round and round.  Different takes and different opinions are part of the fun.

As for the Bryce/Canales thing.  I wouldn't write off either yet, but if Bryce falls short (pun intended) this year, I would think they let Canales pick his QB and see what he can do the next couple years.  Hopefully he gets as long as Rhule assuming the wheels don't fall off like they did with Reich. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

As for the Bryce/Canales thing.  I wouldn't write off either yet, but if Bryce falls short (pun intended) this year, I would think they let Canales pick his QB and see what he can do the next couple years.  Hopefully he gets as long as Rhule assuming the wheels don't fall off like they did with Reich. 

I mean unless he sticks his finger in some girls butthole at a bar, I think he should get year 2.  We need it just for stability's sake.  Tepper needs to show he can be fair to the people he hires.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm not in the bumping old thread comments train (recent are fair game).  We all have bad takes.  If someone claims they don't, they are lying or simply never have any takes.  It's the banter that makes this forum go round and round.  Different takes and different opinions are part of the fun.

I'm not sure I would write off either yet.  I just see them as conflicting. I just think he needs some variation of a QB with gunslinger DNA.  I think Bryce could thrive somewhere that built a creative, up tempo, small ball O around him. 

NFL to me is all bout fit.  Good players fall because of bad fits.  Good coaches fail because of bad fits. 

Now, there are adapters and those that can morph.  But I think they are rare at the highest level.  Highest level you got to play to your strengths.  That's sort of why I don't give Ron a hard time on Cam (minority probably).   They both played to their strengths.  Cam the pocket passer was never a Cam I wish we would have developed.  

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I mean unless he sticks his finger in some girls butthole at a bar, I think he should get year 2.  We need it just for stability's sake.  Tepper needs to show he can be fair to the people he hires.

I think Canales should get a year 2.  I think Bryce has to earn the ability to continue on past this year. 

But I probably could invent a scenario where Tepper was like you know what..... Ejiro? He actually gets this football thing huh.  You're hired! 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Agents Of Shield Marvel GIF by ABC Network

• The D 2

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm not sure I would write off either yet.  I just see them as conflicting. I just think he needs some variation of a QB with gunslinger DNA.  I think Bryce could thrive somewhere that built a creative, up tempo, small ball O around him. 

NFL to me is all bout fit.  Good players fall because of bad fits.  Good coaches fail because of bad fits. 

Now, there are adapters and those that can morph.  But I think they are rare at the highest level.  Highest level you got to play to your strengths.  That's sort of why I don't give Ron a hard time on Cam (minority probably).   They both played to their strengths.  Cam the pocket passer was never a Cam I wish we would have developed.  

I'm typically in the mindset of don't write them off until they show me they need to be.  I was more than good with Reich being fired early.  He was checked out mentally IMO.  Rhule got plenty of time and power to show something and didn't.  So far in this very early start, Canales has shown me nothing to be concerned about.  

Well if you think Canales needs a gunslinger, either he or Bryce will need to morph.  Who knows what will happen?

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Canales should get a year 2.  I think Bryce has to earn the ability to continue on past this year. 

But I probably could invent a scenario where Tepper was like you know what..... Ejiro? He actually gets this football thing huh.  You're hired! 

He probably would and be like fug them picks. It's the Tepper way. 

Seriously though, if Evero was ever going to be HC here it was this season or never. He will be a HC somewhere soon and we will get the two picks consolation prize. 

Edited by PootieNunu

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I'm typically in the mindset of don't write them off until they show me they need to be.  I was more than good with Reich being fired early.  He was checked out mentally IMO.  Rhule got plenty of time and power to show something and didn't.  So far in this very early start, Canales has shown me nothing to be concerned about.  

Well if you think Canales needs a gunslinger, either he or Bryce will need to morph.  Who knows what will happen?

I wish I was a fly on the wall for the last Tepper/Frank meeting.  I think Frank wanted to be fired. 

Canales has openly said being creative isn't really his thing.  So my guess is the real pressure is on the small PG QB to become homerun/chunk passer. 

I mean, in theory, Brees was able to do that.   But that's just the size comparison.  The non-washed Brees was a gambler in the pass game downfield.  He was never afraid to gamble.  I just don't think you can teach risky or conservative play.  Maybe for a game here or there.  But QB DNA is a real thing.  Bryce too smart I guess lol