• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

17 hours ago, CRA said:

just for the record, the defend everything guys.....were calling this fairly obvious fact a conspiracy theory.  Canales was hiding his starting O because it wasn't good enough to put on the field yet.   

Seems like the noise, plus the Bills confirming ahead of him they wouldn't be playing there starters...that he is going to trot them out finally.  I still don't expect to really see them take real reps.  Risk is too high for Canales.  If those backups handle our starting O, that's a nightmare for Canales going in. 

For the record? 

Seems otherwise,  but since you said it's for the record.  

Then it must he true. 

Edited by pantherclaw

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I can also go pull up my post from this time last year.....where we went back and forth on how everything the coaches say in front of the microphone when asked is not all truthful.  Because we already did this dance.  Rhule bullshitted.  Frank did.  Canales does too.  It's what they do.  There job isn't to say the truth to the media. 

You are dismissing what Canales finally said about the preseason as he heads into the last game.  Injury wasn't even a real issue the first game.  Most of your they are too hurt narrative doesn't apply to week 1.   He just didn't want to play them.  And he tried to set the table for Bryce never playing before any of it started because he knew it was going to be hard to put them out there and deal with it looking like a work in progress (which it should given what he got). 

Lol they flow together fine. He literally said he didn’t know if he had enough starters to run the offense efficiently. Then they get healthy and he states in the previous weeks the offense wasn’t ready. This echos what he was saying before with injuries.

Didn’t you also guarantee the starters won’t play this week? I mean you seem to have this all figured out about hiding the offense. I just wanted to make sure that was you.

It's pre-season. So I just don't give a damn. 

I've spent way too many years since the CBA, believing the the oline will come together in time for regular season. 

The fact of the matter that they never had enough playing time back when there was 2 a days practices mostly in pads, and all 4 preseason games. 

I refuse to believe that any new oline (for the record that is an oline with 2 or more new starters...practically every year) will EVER come together during preseason.  There wasn't enough time for it 20 years ago. There is certainly not enough time today.  

ANYONE whom believes otherwise is flat out lying to themselves. 

That happens to be a common practice here on the huddle. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Icege said:
  • Wait a minute... if we're not supposed to believe anything Canales says then why are you believing him?

It's all partial truths and bullpoo.  All season. 

Canales basically said, yeah, the obvious was the obvious.   So I tend to think when the coaches finally say things that match up with common sense things that most can just see......that's probably the closest to the truth you get.  Especially when you sort of get at the end of different windows.  

I think when folks say things matter too.  There were windows where Frank and Rhule were likely to be less truthful or more truthful. 

I just think there are some clear similarities in the first 3 real preseasons of Rhule, Frank and now Canales.   People didn't like what was said by folks like me during any of those windows in real time. 

I actually like Canales' potential.  I think he is screwed personally because we are the kings of bad marriages.  I'll keep repeating that until that is proven wrong.  Stage looks set again for it. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

an oline with 2 or more new starters...practically every year) will EVER come together during preseason.  There wasn't enough time for it 20 years ago. There is certainly not enough time today.  

then you add in first time HC, first time OC, and young QB already on his second O in 2 years.....paired with the problem you mentioned.  

it sets up for a really rough start.  and icing on all that is Bryce isn't a natural fit in terms of style of play in terms of what the coaches have traditionally been around. 

People paint that was some wild conspiracy.....to point out it's not easy to put all that on display early and deal with a 24/7 news/social media era while doing it.  I don't blame Canales for his decisions.  I get them.  I just wish he would done it different and just dealt with it.  But I do think there is a legitimate argument that it could of all just been too unfair to the young QB at this point. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's all partial truths and bullpoo.  All season. 

Canales basically said, yeah, the obvious was the obvious.   So I tend to think when the coaches finally say things that match up with common sense things that most can just see......that's probably the closest to the truth you get.  Especially when you sort of get at the end of different windows.  

I think when folks say things matter too.  There were windows where Frank and Rhule were likely to be less truthful or more truthful. 

I just think there are some clear similarities in the first 3 real preseasons of Rhule, Frank and now Canales.   People didn't like what was said by folks like me during any of those windows in real time. 

I actually like Canales' potential.  I think he is screwed personally because we are the kings of bad marriages.  I'll keep repeating that until that is proven wrong.  Stage looks set again for it. 

But... what makes the narrative that you prefer common sense and not the other? Why is your's exclusively reality and the health of the position groups being a factor simple bs? There isn't any rational perspective here. It's a lot of emotionally driven fatalism.

This isn't a zero-sum thing that it keeps being made out to be.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

He did say that as well as watching a lot of Netflix. Maybe he wore his football gear in Fortnight and watched a lot of Tom Brady specials.

Tell me where he said all off season

2 hours ago, CRA said:

the source was Bryce Young.  But it wasn't Fortnite, it was Netflix. 

basically, it was young QB coming off a bad season....with a horrible answer to question.   He did some good things this offseason (that came out after his comment) yet Bryce himself painted a horrible picture for people to kick around. 

Tell me where he said all offseason

1 hour ago, Icege said:

He was responding to questions about what he did during the start of the offseason and his exact words were: 

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it. Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Bryce was emphasizing that he didn't go out partying, worked on other business projects, did promotional work, etc. Just that he took time off to decompress and relax. He also said that he enjoyed sleeping in for about a week before getting back to his morning workout routine.

It's just haters hating at this point. It's already been confirmed by multiple players that they got up with Bryce to workout and work on routes during the offseason. 

This was my understanding too, it was basically what he did for one week after the season ended. That’s quite a bit different than claiming the entire offseason he’s just been hanging out on the couch and not working like the poster I quoted who keeps posting this in multiple threads

Edited by X-Clown

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

But... what makes the narrative that you prefer common sense and not the other? Why is your's exclusively reality and the health of the position groups being a factor simple bs? There isn't any rational perspective here. It's a lot of emotionally driven fatalism.

This isn't a zero-sum thing that it keeps being made out to be.

Not to mention Canales is saying both things in the same interview.  He has mentioned it in most interviews regarding preseason.  One literally leads to the other.  Not enough healthy starters to look cohesive as a unit. I'm just saying one leads to the other, but nope that will get rejected because it doesn't match a personal opinion of "hiding" an offense.  The same opinion that has told us there is a 0.0% chance the starters play Saturday. 

We all know what comes next.  The offense will struggle early as it is implemented and we will get the "see he wanted to hide this" comments from the tin foil gang. Hiding bad offenses in preseason just to release them in the regular season makes no sense...

9 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

This was my understanding too, it was basically what he did for one week after the season ended. That’s quite a bit different than claiming the entire offseason he’s just been hanging out on the couch and not working like the poster I quoted who keeps posting this in multiple threads

but it doesn't sound as cool or dramatic..

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol they flow together fine. He literally said he didn’t know if he had enough starters to run the offense efficiently. Then they get healthy and he states in the previous weeks the offense wasn’t ready. This echos what he was saying before with injuries.

Didn’t you also guarantee the starters won’t play this week? I mean you seem to have this all figured out about hiding the offense. I just wanted to make sure that was you.

Canales signaled before any injuries Bryce might not see the field…

what injuries uniquely made it so Bryce couldn’t play at NE? 

I mean variables do change.  I think Canales was feeling the heat about how handling of things and I think the Bills confirming there starters are out gave him a window….and here we are. 

I’m treating and viewing things no different than with Frank and Rhule.  And I was largely right about reading those tea leaves despite the demand I take whatever the org narrative was when all 3 were being pressed on things.   So at least I’m consistent lol

48 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Tell me where he said all offseason

I mean this is where I think the over defender thing comes into play…

A young QB simply have a bad answer to a question.  But somehow it can’t even be that? 

they asked him what he did this offseason….his answer summed up accurately highlighted getting away from football, being alone and watching Netflix. 

it was a bad answer because HE paints a poor and inaccurate picture.  Because later he would talk about football things he actually did do.  But he is young.  

and the counter to that is some demand to find him saying the word “all” lol 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Canales signaled before any injuries Bryce might not see the field…

what injuries uniquely made it so Bryce couldn’t play at NE? 

I mean variables do change.  I think Canales was feeling the heat about how handling of things and I think the Bills confirming there starters are out gave him a window….and here we are. 

I’m treating and viewing things no different than with Frank and Rhule.  And I was largely right about reading those tea leaves despite the demand I take whatever the org narrative was when all 3 were being pressed on things.   So at least I’m consistent lol

He kept saying he is open to playing starters depending on injuries and health. It was the same type of answer each presser. 

The NE game where we didn’t have enough OL to play? I believe Lewis was out, both TEs (Thomas and Tremble), XL, not sure but I believe Corbet was dinged up. 

It just so happens that the same time these players are getting healthy that he is playing them? I mean it all lines up. I don’t think there really is much outside pressure on playing those guys in preseason. That’s a social media/Huddle overreaction. 

You were right about Reich no doubt. I’m ok with admitting I’m wrong when I am. I don’t view him as the same as Canales. They might be polar opposites. Old washed up no emotion vs green full of emotion. Didn’t your tea leaves tell you there is 0% chance the starters play this week because they are hiding the offense? I’m pretty certain you said 0.0%.