• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Step back from the ledge people, Bryce and the starters are playing the final preseason game

8 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

If you played like crap your rookie season, with everyone calling you a bust, a good player would put in the work to get better and would be motivated to prove them wrong

So how did Bryce React ??, by just chilling and playing Fortnight 

Dude won't be on a football roster this time next season , but he is getting the pre-season treatment of prime Tom Brady , even though he has the most to prove out of anyone 

Still waiting for a source that says Bryce was playing Fortnight all off season, you've already dodged the request once but keep repeating this in other threads like it's gospel. 

27 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Still waiting for a source that says Bryce was playing Fortnight all off season, you've already dodged the request once but keep repeating this in other threads like it's gospel. 

He did say that as well as watching a lot of Netflix. Maybe he wore his football gear in Fortnight and watched a lot of Tom Brady specials.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I can see your side if it, no doubt. But thinking the team is hiding the offense because they are afraid of something I can’t see.

Canales basically said exactly that.  They were still learning the system and he didn't want to have a clusterfug out there.  He would have to deal with that if it showed for everyone to see.  Clearly I say it more harshly but it's all the same thing. 

44 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

the source was Bryce Young.  But it wasn't Fortnite, it was Netflix. 

basically, it was young QB coming off a bad season....with a horrible answer to question.   He did some good things this offseason (that came out after his comment) yet Bryce himself painted a horrible picture for people to kick around. 

20 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NFL should just have 1 preseason game. It's really pointless to have these games. Not only do you risk injury to your starters you also risk your backups getting injured.

1 preseason game for each team is more than enough. 

2 at the most. One is for your 1st and 2nd string and the other is for your fringe roster and practice squad guys. But that could also be condensed into 4 quarters of 1 game. 

The bad attendance for preseason games could force the NFL to reevaluate it again. I could see them adding an 18th game to the regular season. 

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Anyone know Bryces come back player of the year odds are. I want to believe

Fanduel will let you bet on Sam Darnold. 

or you can even bet on a guy with +25000 odds.  But no Bryce Young. 

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

He was responding to questions about what he did during the start of the offseason and his exact words were: 

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it. Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Bryce was emphasizing that he didn't go out partying, worked on other business projects, did promotional work, etc. Just that he took time off to decompress and relax. He also said that he enjoyed sleeping in for about a week before getting back to his morning workout routine.

It's just haters hating at this point. It's already been confirmed by multiple players that they got up with Bryce to workout and work on routes during the offseason. 

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

He said he took time off mentally and watched some Netflix while also doing his workouts every morning. There are also clips of him training with ISM. He was also training with Mingo and TMJ in Cali. 
Basically some people want to be right about Young being a bust, so they are taking one piece of a quote and running with it. In their defense a lot of fans do this. I’ve been guilty of it myself. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Canales basically said exactly that.  They were still learning the system and he didn't want to have a clusterfug out there.  He would have to deal with that if it showed for everyone to see.  Clearly I say it more harshly but it's all the same thing. 

Do I have to put his full quote up from the days prior every time you post this?  It was also about not having enough starters healthy.  He commented on if he had enough pieces to go out there and run his offense and what that would look like.  Hell week 1 he was running out of OL to even take snaps.  XL has been hurt, Johnson keeps getting mild injuries in practice, Lewis was recovering from an injury plus had personal time off, Hunt was getting mild injuries, Tremble has been injured.

(TLDR version. DC didn't have enough starters healthy to effectively run his offense this early and get good impactful reps as a whole unit.)

When asked after the team's last preseason game against the Jets why his starters hadn't been involved, with a whopping 38 inactive players on the team's 90-man roster last week, Canales referenced "the health of the whole unit" as being a big reason why.

"Really just looking at the guys, the health of the whole unit. We’re gonna get more people back. So, again, this week would be another week to evaluate. We’re gonna have more of those guys that would be playing with that starting group. So this could be a good opportunity for that this week. But again—it all depends on how practice goes, it all depends on the depth of the guys we have to finish games. Again, that’s really just where my head was at. If we throw a group out there, but we’re missing a bunch of pieces, it’s not really giving us the full look at working together and doing that. I wanna make sure that they’re able to do that together."

“I’m open to playing our guys this week. The same thing I told you after the game is true though. We have to look at what does that group look like if we put everybody out there? Are there enough of those guys to say this is valuable for us to get these reps? Once we start to get into the depth of different positions that kind of forces our hand sometimes on can we play guys? Today was a hard practice. Tomorrow is going to be another hard one. For me, I have to make sure we get through these two days, collect that information, and then I make the decision.”

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Do I have to put his full quote up from the days prior every time you post this?  It was also about not having enough starters healthy.  He commented on if he had enough pieces to go out there and run his offense and what that would look like.  Hell week 1 he was running out of OL to even take snaps.  XL has been hurt, Johnson keeps getting mild injuries in practice, Lewis was recovering from an injury plus had personal time off, Hunt was getting mild injuries, Tremble has been injured.

I mean, I can also go pull up my post from this time last year.....where we went back and forth on how everything the coaches say in front of the microphone when asked is not all truthful.  Because we already did this dance.  Rhule bullshitted.  Frank did.  Canales does too.  It's what they do.  There job isn't to say the truth to the media. 

You are dismissing what Canales finally said about the preseason as he heads into the last game.  Injury wasn't even a real issue the first game.  Most of your they are too hurt narrative doesn't apply to week 1.   He just didn't want to play them.  And he tried to set the table for Bryce never playing before any of it started because he knew it was going to be hard to put them out there and deal with it looking like a work in progress (which it should given what he got). 

• Pie 1

• 2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I can also go pull up my post from this time last year.....where we went back and forth on how everything the coaches say in front of the microphone when asked is not all truthful.  Because we already did this dance.  Rhule bullshitted.  Frank did.  Canales does too.  It's what they do.  There job isn't to say the truth to the media. 

You are dismissing what Canales finally said about the preseason as he heads into the last game.  Injury wasn't even a real issue the first game.  Most of your they are too hurt narrative doesn't apply to week 1.   He just didn't want to play them.  And he tried to set the table for Bryce never playing before any of it started because he knew it was going to be hard to put them out there and deal with it looking like a work in progress (which it should given what he got). 

Wait a minute... if we're not supposed to believe anything Canales says then why are you believing him?

• Pie 2