• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long will the Carolina Panthers rebuild take?

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm saying Goff was a similar QB in year 2 and 3 as he was went he was shipped to Detroit.  Our QB could have a similar rise (I get it's not likely).  If he does, I see no reason why we can't have a quicker rebuild like Detroit did.  Hell even if Bryce does bust and we hit the right QB in the draft (again unlikely) we could be competing in year 3 with Canales.  There are multiple paths to mimic the Lions rebuild.  One thing is certain though, we have to start hitting on these draft picks and try to change the culture (this is the part I can possibly see Canales helping with).

Bryce Young going into year 2 does not equal Goff going into year 6. 

Bryce Young right now isn't....42-27, with 3 playoff appearances, and 2 Pro Bowls to his name. 

2 separate convos.  Dan Campbell wasn't kicking off his rebuild with the Lions roster in a similar place as Canales finds himself.  That's the only convo I was having.    

Could Bryce Young be better than Goff? Sure. That's certainly possible.  But that doesn't equate to us being the 2021 Lions right now.   

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce Young going into year 2 does not equal Goff going into year 6. 

Bryce Young right now isn't....42-27, with 3 playoff appearances, and 2 Pro Bowls to his name. 

2 separate convos.  Dan Campbell wasn't kicking off his rebuild with the Lions roster in a similar place as Canales finds himself.  That's the only convo I was having.    

Could Bryce Young be better than Goff? Sure. That's certainly possible.  But that doesn't equate to us being the 2021 Lions right now.   

Yeah the Lions started with a Jared Goff. I’m just saying Bryce could become that type of QB. Both were top picks teams traded up for, both struggled rookie years. The QB play of year 2/3 Goff is similar to first year Detroit Goff. Young would need to make that same leap for sure, but we could be in a similar situation. The Lions knew what they have vs us hoping we have something similar is the biggest difference like you said. I guess the Lions also got those picks from the Rams to help expedite the rebuild as well.