• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long will the Carolina Panthers rebuild take?

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It goes beyond the QB, as well. He has to prove that he can put together anything resembling a competent offseason. So far, we don't know if that has happened or not. 

I remember the early Fitt years and the "in on every deal" BS. I also saw how that ended up working out. 

Color me EXTREMELY skeptical of Dan Morgan the GM until he shows me something worth trusting.

I remember that Fitt slogan, and the red laser beam eyes whenever he signed a player or after a draft pick. Those lasers burned our franchise to the ground.

I'm not happy with our last draft, but I don't have any ammo to really go after Dam yet. Do I have confidence in Dan atm? Meh. I'm hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I see us on a similar trajectory as the Detroit Lions. We’ll take our lumps this upcoming season, with steady improvement mid to late season. This season is about building for 2025 and beyond. 

year 1 of their rebuild, Det acquired a winning, veteran, former multi Pro Bowl QB.   That's a level of stability to build around. 

year 1 of our rebuild, our HC inherited a young QB that logged the worst play in the NFL

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

year 1 of their rebuild, Det acquired a winning, veteran, former multi Pro Bowl QB.   That's a level of stability to build around. 

year 1 of our rebuild, our HC inherited a young QB that logged the worst play in the NFL

Who looked awful his rookie year? 18.3 QBR 5.3 YPA 5 TDs 7 INTs. Goff may have had some of the worst play his rookie year as well. Stats can be used to spin whatever narrative you want. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who looked awful his rookie year? 18.3 QBR 5.3 YPA 5 TDs 7 INTs. Goff may have had some of the worst play his rookie year as well. Stats can be used to spin whatever narrative you want. 

we are talking trajectory of the 2021 Lions vs 2024 Panthers.   The 2021 Lions didn't inherit sophomore Goff.  They inherited the veteran Pro Bowl QB that was going into year 6.  

How is that spinning stats for a narrative? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

we are talking trajectory of the 2021 Lions vs 2024 Panthers.   The 2021 Lions didn't inherit sophomore Goff.  They inherited the veteran Pro Bowl QB that was going into year 6.  

How is that spinning stats for a narrative? 

They acquired Goff, whose rookie year looked similar to Youngs.  It can be looked at either way. Sounds like Goff was playing some decent football after his rookie season.  Multiple Pro Bowls and winning like you said.  If we get that from Bryce we can have similar success. 

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They acquired Goff, whose rookie year looked similar to Youngs.  It can be looked at either way. Sounds like Goff was playing some decent football after his rookie season.  Multiple Pro Bowls and winning like you said.  If we get that from Bryce we can have similar success. 

Just looking at the stats, Goff played well after his terrible rookie season. Yet, the Rams still decided he wasn't the dude and traded him.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Just looking at the stats, Goff played well after his terrible rookie season. Yet, the Rams still decided he wasn't the dude and traded him.

I think he struggled in the playoffs if I remember correctly?  They built a hell of a roster around him too.  Maybe they thought he was a Jimmy G?  Regardless they got their ring with Stafford, but the Lions have rebuilt their franchise with Goff.  It might have been a legit win/win?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think he struggled in the playoffs if I remember correctly?  They built a hell of a roster around him too.  Maybe they thought he was a Jimmy G?  Regardless they got their ring with Stafford, but the Lions have rebuilt their franchise with Goff.  It might have been a legit win/win?

And, similar to in LA....Goff was a big reason they lost the NFC championship game.

That's going to be Goff's rep until he proves he isn't gonna choke on the big stage.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

And, similar to in LA....Goff was a big reason they lost the NFC championship game.

That's going to be Goff's rep until he proves he isn't gonna choke on the big stage.

If we are blaming our QB for losing the NFC championship game in a couple years it will be a pleasant surprise. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 hours ago, frankw said:

As long as Tepper is the owner and insists on having his fingerprints on the operation we could be in a perpetual state of rebuilding.

I mean from 2020 on we didn't even know what the term rebuild even truly meant. It seemed to change on the fly. The powers that be would flip between talking of a rebuild and then turning around and making all in moves like they are playing in franchise mode on Madden.

This.this.this.this. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean, sounds like two separate convos to me.  You are having one of what Bryce could become.  I'm just talking about where Campbell was starting from vs Canales.  They are kicking off with 2 very different QB scenarios.  So, I don't see how the Lions comparable works and that's just starting at the obvious QB spot. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, sounds like two separate convos to me.  You are having one of what Bryce could become.  I'm just talking about where Campbell was starting from vs Canales.  They are kicking off with 2 very different QB scenarios.  So, I don't see how the Lions comparable works and that's just starting at the obvious QB spot. 

I'm saying Goff was a similar QB in year 2 and 3 as he was went he was shipped to Detroit.  Our QB could have a similar rise (I get it's not likely).  If he does, I see no reason why we can't have a quicker rebuild like Detroit did.  Hell even if Bryce does bust and we hit the right QB in the draft (again unlikely) we could be competing in year 3 with Canales.  There are multiple paths to mimic the Lions rebuild.  One thing is certain though, we have to start hitting on these draft picks and try to change the culture (this is the part I can possibly see Canales helping with).

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It goes beyond the QB, as well. He has to prove that he can put together anything resembling a competent offseason. So far, we don't know if that has happened or not. 

I remember the early Fitt years and the "in on every deal" BS. I also saw how that ended up working out. 

Color me EXTREMELY skeptical of Dan Morgan the GM until he shows me something worth trusting.

Ooh, such hate! Skepticism is just pure hating on the team. 

Player Dont Be Hatin GIF by Jamie Kennedy