• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice for Wednesday, August 21st

Icege

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

LOL echo chamber. Okay dude 

He ain’t making that up. It absolutely was bad if you disagreeed with Bryce as the pick prior to and OMG after was worse. Ridicule, lots of lowbrow behavior, don’t really give a poo if you disagree with that. 

It truly was the source of much resentment in the people that were the objects of ridicule for having a negative opinion about The Processor. 

Edited by strato

36 minutes ago, Icege said:

"Bryce just can't play QB in the NFL... but I'd love to be wrong!" is not the hedged bet that they think it is. 😛

So either that’s correct and the haters get to spike the football, or our team will be successful.  Seems like a pretty well hedged position actually.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So either that’s correct and the haters get to spike the football, or our team will be successful.  Seems like a pretty well hedged position actually.

It's one thing to make declarations like, "I don't believe Bryce will ever be an NFL QB but would love to be proven wrong." Those folks will have their crow and celebrate with other fans should Bryce have a solid year, no issue.

Then there's folks that were going out of their way in nearly every thread (as far back as January) to not just bash Bryce but also bash the fans that weren't convinced that he couldn't be successful in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see those folks get it as bad as they dished it out, and seeing how they've responded lately... ooh wee mayne. That'll get ugly before it gets better.

I hope I'm wrong and end up eating crow tho... 😜

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 2

34 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Almost every fan I've interacted with simply wants the team to be competitive again no matter who the QB is. It looks like for the most part we've shed the ignorant fools of yesteryear.

Icege is a good and knowledgeable poster and I am thankful for his practice update efforts. But he is unable to see he is basically repeating the same cycle as he did with Teddy Bridgewater. It's either you're fully a believer or you aren't really a fan. Sounds like the child like logic of someone whose name rhymes with dump.

Seeing is believing though. If and when that happens no one will have a complaint. The one person who actually wanted the team to be bad was Ickmule and he's long gone.

Anywho we should be trying to expand the fanbase these days it's slim pickings. Anyone that is here talking Panthers after everything that's happened the last 4 years is worthy of a spot.

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Icege said:

"Bryce just can't play QB in the NFL... but I'd love to be wrong!" is not the hedged bet that they think it is. 😛

Every. Single. Practice. this summer…each one was a meltdown with pages of the same 5 posters slobbing that Bryce missed a deep ball (which is about a 40% NFL average for completion). Then last year a mod tried to make a sticky where people who were objective and could clearly see the team was overall awful and Bryce wasnt our only issue could only post. For someone to say this is an echo chamber of Bryce supporters in an absolute brain dead take 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

The word hater in relation to Bryce Young at this stage is honestly laughable.

Think back to ten years of Cam Newton doing everything he could to phsyically will this franchise into relevance and emerge from the shadow of joke status yet still coming back to his own fanbase some of whom quietly not so quietly despised him and gritted their teeth along the way while waiting for the day he was gone. Only to realize what actually awaited them when they finally got what they wanted.

This is not that.

Bryce Young will be fine one way or another. Rest assured.

'Hater' is a word that immediately discredits the user IMO. It has no meaning anymore. Just lazy.

2 hours ago, strato said:

He ain’t making that up. It absolutely was bad if you disagreeed with Bryce as the pick prior to and OMG after was worse. Ridicule, lots of lowbrow behavior, don’t really give a poo if you disagree with that. 

It truly was the source of much resentment in the people that were the objects of ridicule for having a negative opinion about The Processor. 

Many a post of "Get on board or GTFO" when any concern was expressed. It was maddening.

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not even hedging, just being honest. Hedging implies a desire to be 'right' and it really has nothing to do with that. It would be an amazing event if Bryce were to develop into a top-tier QB but I (and many others) just don't think it will happen.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Bryce defenders still haven't seem to grasp this concept yet. They would have something if people actually WANTED him to fail.

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Almost every fan I've interacted with simply wants the team to be competitive again no matter who the QB is. It looks like for the most part we've shed the ignorant fools of yesteryear.

Icege is a good and knowledgeable poster and I am thankful for his practice update efforts. But he is unable to see he is basically repeating the same cycle as he did with Teddy Bridgewater. It's either you're fully a believer or you aren't really a fan. Sounds like the child like logic of someone whose name rhymes with dump.

Seeing is believing though. If and when that happens no one will have a complaint. The one person who actually wanted the team to be bad was Ickmule and he's long gone.

Anywho we should be trying to expand the fanbase these days it's slim pickings. Anyone that is here talking Panthers after everything that's happened the last 4 years is worthy of a spot.

Heard until you had to throw the pointless political bull poo in there as if everyone doesn't have to have both sides horse poo shoved down their throat daily on their TV's and from phone calls from each side's cucks begging for a vote for their chosen fug up.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I believe 99% of the huddle, aka the overwhelming majority, wants Bryce to succeed. 

This may be true, but you've had way too many, or perhaps the few of the extremely vocal, talk in terms of absolutes. They're always trumpeting how Bryce is not an NFL-level QB. They don't say "probably not," or "maybe not," they say "is not..." It's one thing to express skepticism, and even criticism, but another thing to engage in consistent judgmentalism and even derision. 

8 minutes ago, TD alt said:

This may be true, but you've had way too many, or perhaps the few of the extremely vocal, talk in terms of absolutes. They're always trumpeting how Bryce is not an NFL-level QB. They don't say "probably not," or "maybe not," they say "is not..." It's one thing to express skepticism, and even criticism, but another thing to engage in consistent judgmentalism and even derision. 

I asked multiple times in here for someone to name one physical tool that is above NFL average and may as well have asked someone to show me the secret to the universe. There was nothing coming back. 

2024 hopefully resolves this poo on way or the other. 

42 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Heard until you had to throw the pointless political bull poo in there as if everyone doesn't have to have both sides horse poo shoved down their throat daily on their TV's and from phone calls from each side's cucks begging for a vote for their chosen fug up.

TV is your problem there. Turn the fuger off, it is trash anyway. The texts and calls are horrible I agree.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Icege said:

I don't think people see the hypocrisy in those takes. That's like saying, I want him to lead the team to success and be the best QB in the NFL, but until he does I'm gonna let everybody that will listen know that he can't do it. Making definitive statements like - he's too short, too little, too slow, too weak, not smart enough to even play in the NFL. He doesn't have any tools, zero, nothing to be successful in the NFL. But if he ever figures it out, he's my guy! 

Make it make sense.

Reality is if he shows any improvement, they'll give the credit somewhere else. When it'll really just be he finally gets NFL average in areas like coaching, scheme, playcalling, pass protection, and receiver play. But he's supposed to overcome below average in all those areas as a rookie? And if you just acknowledge that lack of supporting cast prevents us from making a final decision on him yet, then you're a stan or a Bryce defender. No, I just have objective common sense, sir. 

• Pie 3