• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice for Wednesday, August 21st

Icege

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Posts like this remind me of the toxicity from the loudest pro Bryce posters before the draft. And getting hundreds of notifications of poo reactions from one particular poster who could not handle differing opinion on the matter. Now after one of the worst offensive seasons of all time the shoe is on the other foot and it's everyone else that's toxic. Very amusing.

There are facts to acknowledge that got us to this point.

Bryce actually got worse after Reich left. He also followed up his best game of the season with one of the worst blowout losses in franchise history against a team missing their starting QB.

There can be multiple things true at once. The OL was bad. The coaching staff was bad. The receivers were not up to par. And Bryce Young himself was at times simply atrocious.

If you get outside the echo chamber here and actually talk to other fans around the league you'll get a clearer picture of the situation.

LOL echo chamber. Okay dude 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, jb2288 said:

This place is going to explode if it turns out he was always that good and Reich was just that bad. It's going to be a lot of "I always wanted Bryce to succeed; never said he was a bust; he just needed time" posts 

"Bryce just can't play QB in the NFL... but I'd love to be wrong!" is not the hedged bet that they think it is. 😛

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Icege said:

"Bryce just can't play QB in the NFL... but I'd love to be wrong!" is not the hedged bet that they think it is. 😛

I’m definitely not a hater I just can’t think of many cases of a rookie QB looking so ineffective and then turning it around. Bryce not working out puts the team deep in the hole wise. I’d much rather have a franchise QB or even an average one. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Maybe it’s a good sign we held our own against NYJ? Who knows? 

If that really happened it isn’t a Bad sign. They still can’t really hit people though, can they? Like QB still playing touch football? 

The word hater in relation to Bryce Young at this stage is honestly laughable.

Think back to ten years of Cam Newton doing everything he could to phsyically will this franchise into relevance and emerge from the shadow of joke status yet still coming back to his own fanbase some of whom quietly not so quietly despised him and gritted their teeth along the way while waiting for the day he was gone. Only to realize what actually awaited them when they finally got what they wanted.

This is not that.

Bryce Young will be fine one way or another. Rest assured.

• Pie 1