• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice for Wednesday, August 21st

Icege

Just now, jb2288 said:

Guess it's the 1% that's loudest 

I don’t even believe those that are loud want him to fail, but let’s flip it. If Bryce has another season like last, and we move on, what are you going to post?

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

This place is going to explode if it turns out he was always that good and Reich was just that bad. It's going to be a lot of "I always wanted Bryce to succeed; never said he was a bust; he just needed time" posts 

With a custom made scheme he can probably do better. I think we knew that last year. Never saw it. 

And what does ’better’ mean? It would have to be Clark Kent to Man of Steel type better to make enough difference. 

When the red jersey comes off, we’ll see.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I believe 99% of the huddle, aka the overwhelming majority, wants Bryce to succeed. 

The doubters for sure want the team to succeed. It is a matter of belief in him being the guy to make that happen that is in people’s minds. 

My official pole would put that number at 80% not convinced, there are varying degrees of doubt. And 20% has some degree of faith, with a good 10% all up his jock no matter what. 

edit: Not convinced, ranges from some uncertainty all the way to hell no, never-no way.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, strato said:

The doubters for sure want the team to succeed. It is a matter of belief in him being the guy to make that happen that is in people’s minds. 

My official pole would put that number at 80% not convinced, there are varying degrees of doubt. And 20% has some degree of faith, with a good 10% all up his jock no matter what. 

There’s a loud 1% on both sides that want to run on here on some “I told you so, I was right you were wrong” stuff. If they’re wrong, both sides have tactics stored in the chamber to deflect from them being wrong. Like ole boy I quoted said, the ones who “want” Bryce to fail, will just say they always wanted him to succeed. The ones on the other side will just flip to saying, “I’m sorry I wanted my team to succeed” etc. 

But yea, I and most on the huddle want him to succeed. We’re tired of losing. Tired of being irrelevant. Bryce turning it around helps fix that. I just don’t see it with Bryce. Last year was bad 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

There’s a loud 1% on both sides that want to run on here on some “I told you so, I was right you were wrong” stuff. If they’re wrong, both sides have tactics stored in the chamber to deflect from them being wrong. Like ole boy I quoted said, the ones who “want” Bryce to fail, will just say they always wanted him to succeed. The ones on the other side will just flip to saying, “I’m sorry I wanted my team to succeed” etc. 

But yea, I and most on the huddle want him to succeed. We’re tired of losing. Tired of being irrelevant. Bryce turning it around helps fix that. I just don’t see it with Bryce. Last year was bad 

Brother, I have no fallback. Was anyone but Bryce and he has done very little to change that into 'oh poo i am a dumbass’ but he could. 

My whole thing was/is, even if he somehow succeeds you are making it way harder than it needed to be. Why? He could succeed but that would still be true.

And what degree of success makes people into idiots for doubting? Success will be a low bar for some, a high bar for others, mine is high. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I don’t even believe those that are loud want him to fail, but let’s flip it. If Bryce has another season like last, and we move on, what are you going to post?

The same thing I’ve been saying saying January. We will know by Thanksgiving if we’re drafting another QB 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’m 12, don’t call me ole boy 

56 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

This place is going to explode if it turns out he was always that good and Reich was just that bad. It's going to be a lot of "I always wanted Bryce to succeed; never said he was a bust; he just needed time" posts 

Posts like this remind me of the toxicity from the loudest pro Bryce posters before the draft. And getting hundreds of notifications of poo reactions from one particular poster who could not handle differing opinion on the matter. Now after one of the worst offensive seasons of all time the shoe is on the other foot and it's everyone else that's toxic. Very amusing.

There are facts to acknowledge that got us to this point.

Bryce actually got worse after Reich left. He also followed up his best game of the season with one of the worst blowout losses in franchise history against a team missing their starting QB.

There can be multiple things true at once. The OL was bad. The coaching staff was bad. The receivers were not up to par. And Bryce Young himself was at times simply atrocious.

If you get outside the echo chamber here and actually talk to other fans around the league you'll get a clearer picture of the situation.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Posts like this remind me of the toxicity from the loudest pro Bryce posters before the draft. And getting hundreds of notifications of poo reactions from one particular poster who could not handle differing opinion on the matter. Now after one of the worst offensive seasons of all time the shoe is on the other foot and it's everyone else that's toxic. Very amusing.

There are facts to acknowledge that got us to this point.

Bryce actually got worse after Reich left. He also followed up his best game of the season with one of the worst blowout losses in franchise history against a team missing their starting QB.

There can be multiple things true at once. The OL was bad. The coaching staff was bad. The receivers were not up to par. And Bryce Young himself was at times simply atrocious.

If you get outside the echo chamber here and actually talk to other fans around the league you'll get a clearer picture of the situation.

Fans aren't where to go for analysis.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, csx said:

Fans aren't where to go for analysis.

Oh right. No one that isn't a former player or coach should ever talk football. And all those that have and have opinions never operate with any level of bias either. Great input csx much appreciated.

If one wants analysis on Bryce Young they can find it. Some on one extreme or the other. Best bet is in the middle from people without attachment. Some of the best at this that offer such insight on social media are "fans" like you and me and break things down for casual viewers who might not know all the terminology.

Furthermore I don't know if you've stopped to take a look around but sports talk in general is a pretty big draw in the media world now.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

57 minutes ago, strato said:

sorry to be grammar police, by “My official pole” is just hilarious.

• Beer 1