• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notebook: Dave Canales "open" to playing starters Saturday

After significant backlash from the fanbase about the worst team in the NFL inexplicably benching starters during the preseason, head coach caves to pressure to play starters for a little while in the final preseason game. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

After significant backlash from the fanbase about the worst team in the NFL inexplicably benching starters during the preseason, head coach caves to pressure to play starters for a little while in the final preseason game. 

that's not what he said at all.  He simply knows he can't just say no this early on in the week.  So he does some open to the idea of it if the stars aligned in a way that made sense lol.

0.0% chance.  Bills are playing their backups.  We already know their plans. McD puts it on the table.  He is not playing the silly Panther preseason games we seem to be fixated on.  Canales isn't putting his O out there to get smacked by backups as we head into the season.  Whatever fake momentum we have would be stomped into the ground. 

• Pie 5

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's not what he said at all.  He simply knows he can't just say no this early on in the week.  So he does some open to the idea of it if the stars aligned in a way that made sense lol.

0.0% chance.  Bills are playing their backups.  We already know their plans. McD puts it on the table.  He is not playing the silly Panther preseason games we seem to be fixated on.  Canales isn't putting his O out there to get smacked by backups as we head into the season.  Whatever fake momentum we have would be stomped into the ground. 

We sucked in the preseason with Frank.

I'm getting the same feeling with Canales. If someone shows you who they are believe them. Hope I'm wrong, but man nothing has changed from last season.

To be fair this roster sucks. Kind of hard to improve when you have nothing to work with. I warned you guys about us trading away all of our stars. Who's going to show up to these games when you have nobody to sell your product?

Guess we will have to find out when the season starts.

I remember Cam looking absolutely lost his first preseason. Then the first two games happened...

Playing starters a few snaps just to catch up to game speed is ok. Win or lose. It really doesn't matter. 

Not playing them is ok too. But I do agree it needs to be a majority of the starters or none at all. The only way it helps at this point is timing and game speed adjustment. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We sucked in the preseason with Frank.

I'm getting the same feeling with Canales. If someone shows you who they are believe them. Hope I'm wrong, but man nothing has changed from last season.

To be fair this roster sucks. Kind of hard to improve when you have nothing to work with. I warned you guys about us trading away all of our stars. Who's going to show up to these games when you have nobody to sell your product?

Guess we will have to find out when the season starts.

Since Tepper got here, we've sucked with all our stars. 

27 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Since Tepper got here, we've sucked with all our stars. 

Yeah, but we had stars who we could watch even if we were losing games. CMC was fun to watch, so was Moore and Burns. Even when Cam came back it was fun to watch.

This roster doesn't have anyone who would make me travel 3 hours to watch a game at BOA.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah, but we had stars who we could watch even if we were losing games. CMC was fun to watch, so was Moore and Burns. Even when Cam came back it was fun to watch.

This roster doesn't have anyone who would make me travel 3 hours to watch a game at BOA.

I don't care about stars or no stars.  Only wins.  If we win with no names, its great.  If we lose with stars, its terrible.  

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The starters play one series go 3 and out and Austin Corbett re-injures his knee

The Huddle:  "I told Canales not to play the starters!! what was he thinking!? I'm so mad right now I'm gonna go to my backyard take my gardening sheers and lop off my penis" 

Austin Corbett has never even logged 1 NFL snap at C…..not a single snap. 

Patrick Mahomes was out this weekend throwing behind the back passes to Kelce lol 

• Beer 3
  • The D 1

15 hours ago, hepcat said:

lol

Other than some comments on message boards, there hasn't been any backlash.  

• Poo 2