• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Greatest 1-year Wonders List

10 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

He was bad that season and seemed just as bad for the locker room.  I remember him trying to throw Jake under the bus for throwing some picks that he didn't fight for at all and would break behind the cb on routes he was clearly supposed to break in front.  I remember a big one in the end zone. 

Keyshawn never played with great QBs throughout his career. Jake wasn't the first QB he threw under the bus. He was known to have a big mouth which is why he played for so many teams.

I'm just saying that team had the talent to make a SB run. Had Smitty not got hurt we probably win a SB.

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Keyshawn never played with great QBs throughout his career. Jake wasn't the first QB he threw under the bus. He was known to have a big mouth which is why he played for so many teams.

I'm just saying that team had the talent to make a SB run. Had Smitty not got hurt we probably win a SB.

Smitty only missed 2 games in 06' although this was his peak and he wasn't 100% all season with nagging hammies....  he put up almost 1200 yards and 8tds still....  hard to know but this was when he was almost un-coverable when healthy.

Personally I think offensive line injuries had more to do with it.... 

Edit just checked and God I hated that was the year Romo debuted agaist us...  I remember Keyshawn dropping a long TD 70+ because he lost the ball in the lights.

Edited by PantherChris

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

That 2013 Greg Hardy year was incredible

Mark Fields before and after the cancer treatments

Jeff Otah rookie year

Jeffers back half of 1999 was the best receiver in football

Yeah it’s too bad fields wasn’t around for the 03 season 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

That 2013 Greg Hardy year was incredible

Mark Fields before and after the cancer treatments

Jeff Otah rookie year

Jeffers back half of 1999 was the best receiver in football

Damn Mark Fields.  There’s a name you don’t hear much anymore.  Keep pounding.

On 8/20/2024 at 12:30 PM, PNW_PantherMan said:

Beuerlein looked really good that year.  He was a statue, but he had great accuracy in a clean pocket.  He was on the team for years, but that 99 year was so good I'd almost classify him as a one year wonder as well.

Plot twist, Beuerlein went on to have a decorated acting career under the pseudonym Eric Bana. /s

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I wouldn't mention Carruth in conjunction with Colbert or any other Panther player.  Colbert failed at being a good NFL player.  Carruth failed at being a decent human being.  

True but he fits the criteria of the question

On 8/20/2024 at 2:55 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

No lie he fooled me his rookie season. I thought for sure he was going to be Cam's #1 WR for years to come.

Also thought Devin Funchess was going to be his sidekick. Damn it hurts thinking about those 2 lol

On 8/20/2024 at 3:25 PM, kungfoodude said:

They fooled a lot of us. 

Never forget WR coach Ricky Proehl wanted Devante Adams and Stephon Diggs after scouting rounds. Gettlemagic though wanted a 90s NBA frontcourt. We would still be winning!🤬

• Pie 1