• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice for Tuesday, August 20th

Icege

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a question: If the Patriots waive Zappe who is on a rookie contract for this season and next, do you pick him up and cut Dalton, whose contract expires at the end of this season?

I go with the younger, experienced QB.  To me, Zappe is one of those strong reserve QBs who will always make any roster better--like a Gardner Minshew.  Dalton is 37.  Save a million in cap room and move in a young QB with starting experience.

Absolutely. Dalton is at the end of his career. Your most capable backup should have at least some of his best years ahead of him. We desperately need some new life in this QB room.

But I don't get the vibe this will happen. Not saying it's not possible. I'm just reading the tea leaves in how this front office has handled Bryce Young and I just do not see them bringing in even a Zappe type for reasons I can only assume relate to Bryce's comfortability. For better or worse that's what it's about. Me I think it should be about fielding the best football team. But I'm a fan what do I know? I've just been watching this franchise make wrong decision after wrong decision the last several years 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a question: If the Patriots waive Zappe who is on a rookie contract for this season and next, do you pick him up and cut Dalton, whose contract expires at the end of this season?

I go with the younger, experienced QB.  To me, Zappe is one of those strong reserve QBs who will always make any roster better--like a Gardner Minshew.  Dalton is 37.  Save a million in cap room and move in a young QB with starting experience.

I would certainly do that, but I feel like there's almost no chance of it happening.  I think there's a higher probability that they claim him and carry him as QB3 on the 53 man.  And I don't think the odds of that are very good.  I think it's gonna be Bryce and Andy on the 53, with the plumber waiting in reserve on the PS.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would certainly do that, but I feel like there's almost no chance of it happening.  I think there's a higher probability that they claim him and carry him as QB3 on the 53 man.  And I don't think the odds of that are very good.  I think it's gonna be Bryce and Andy on the 53, with the plumber waiting in reserve on the PS.

It will be Bryce and Andy this season. Next seasons roster will be determined by how this season plays out. Andy is only the backup for now. Plummer is a placeholder.

Edited by Jon Snow