• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice for Tuesday, August 20th

Icege

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This also backs @CRA's comment that DC wanted to run an offense that likes to chunk it down the field occasionally.  Canales seems pretty straight forward so far.

Not just from time to time.  The O's he has been around have been uniquely dependent on the chunk play vs the rest of 32 teams.  XL was just icing on the cake of that assumption.

Bryce flat out doesn't fit that.  And IMO, that is why you haven't seen this O rep yet.  They ain't ready and it would only clue in more folks.  

23 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Very encouraging to see Trevin Wallace doing well.  Hopefully it translates to game day.  We need those draft picks to contribute immediately.

I'm hoping this will happen. If he starts at ILB 2025 and Chau Smith-Wade can start at nickel next year having 2 defensive starters on rookie deals will go a long way.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Didn't see what happened to Diontae but he was fine afterwards. Was back out in a play or two.

Expect to see this every single game from what I've heard about Diontae. Constantly pulling out of the game for an injury before returning.

6 hours ago, Icege said:

Training camp is over but the team is practicing today, tomorrow, and Thursday before taking off Friday and playing the Bills on Saturday afternoon. Roster cuts will be due next Tuesday by 4pm iirc.

lotta appreciation for you and Ricky for working so hard to keep the preseason info flowing.  I'd give you 30 pies and Special Juan's credit card numbers if I could.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Not just from time to time.  The O's he has been around have been uniquely dependent on the chunk play vs the rest of 32 teams.  XL was just icing on the cake of that assumption.

Bryce flat out doesn't fit that.  And IMO, that is why you haven't seen this O rep yet.  They ain't ready and it would only clue in more folks.  

I think we've seen a more aggressive Bryce Young this year, that is more willing to take shots downfield. He didn't take enough shots last year to have success in my opinion. Hopefully he learns to fit this offense by taking more opportunities. Once every 2 or 3 games ain't gonna get it done.

31 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think we've seen a more aggressive Bryce Young this year, that is more willing to take shots downfield. He didn't take enough shots last year to have success in my opinion. Hopefully he learns to fit this offense by taking more opportunities. Once every 2 or 3 games ain't gonna get it done.

I don’t think he has much choice.  That’s the ask of QBs in all the prior Os. 

Issue is it’s never been his strength and being in traditional pro pocket I think plays against him.   

Just seems like a forced marriage of two things that don’t fit.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don’t think he has much choice.  That’s the ask of QBs in all the prior Os. 

Issue is it’s never been his strength and being in traditional pro pocket I think plays against him.   

Just seems like a forced marriage of two things that don’t fit.  

He appears to be better when it's his first option - as most QBs are. He's just really bad when it isn't, and rarely even takes it if it's late in the progression. That could be a lack of confidence in his receivers too. DC should really dial up plays for him and take more of the decision out of his hands. Yeah, trying to turn him into a pocket QB would be a horrible approach, and I don't think DC even wants that. I think he mentioned that in an article last week. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

He appears to be better when it's his first option - as most QBs are. He's just really bad when it isn't, and rarely even takes it if it's late in the progression. That could be a lack of confidence in his receivers too. DC should really dial up plays for him and take more of the decision out of his hands. Yeah, trying to turn him into a pocket QB would be a horrible approach, and I don't think DC even wants that. I think he mentioned that in an article last week. 

His deep ball even in college was meh.  I mean, there as no one talking about drafting him because of his ability to attack downfield at this level.  It was the super mind point guard.

Bryce is too small not to be a pocket QB.  It’s the double edged sword of Bryce.  You can only move the pocket so much before that gets too predictable