• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different perspective for not starting the starters in preseason...

musicman

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Sure they could use reps. I’m saying it’s not going to ruin there season or make me give up on a new coach if they don’t have any reps in a meaningless game. I think it would be nice, but I understand there is more than one approach. 

Cool so McVay changed his approach after one year and it worked out pretty good for him. That doesn’t help the case at all, it might strengthen it. He has tried both and is sticking with not playing his starters. 

McVay is a bad example. He took a perpetually terrible Rams team and turned them into a playoff contender in his first season. He played his starters in his first preseason when the team was still unproven and bad. A good team with veteran starters has a much stronger case to bench starters in preseason. 

Just now, hepcat said:

McVay is a bad example. He took a perpetually terrible Rams team and turned them into a playoff contender in his first season. He played his starters in his first preseason when the team was still unproven and bad. A good team with veteran starters has a much stronger case to bench starters in preseason. 

And won a Super Bowl not playing his starters. Again he tried both approaches and is sticking his keeping his starters out of preseason games. Try to spin it differently but that looks like he prefers one vs the other.