• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different perspective for not starting the starters in preseason...

musicman

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hiding Bryce is the biggest joke of a take I’ve read. Let’s talk about how good Bryce played at joint practice, build up some hype, hide him, then start him to let everyone down during the regular season. What could go wrong??

I mean, it just a variation of the take that was applied last year....and which was basically correct.   

only real difference is the vet Frank gave a tiny look at Bryce.  But he didn't rep Bryce like you would because it was just going to highlight the fact he couldn't function in the base O.  Which he couldn't.  

and it doesn't take rocket science to know Bryce flat out doesn't fit Canales' chunk pass game. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, it just a variation of the take that was applied last year....and which was basically correct.   

only real difference is the vet Frank gave a tiny look at Bryce.  But he didn't rep Bryce like you would because it was just going to highlight the fact he couldn't function in the base O.  Which he couldn't.  

and it doesn't take rocket science to know Bryce flat out doesn't fit Canales' chunk pass game. 

I’m not sure what Canales’ offense is. He only called plays once for one year. If Bryce doesn’t work hiding him until the regular season does nothing. It just makes it look worse. That’s why the hiding Bryce take is just dumb. Is he hiding all of his starters to protect Bryce as well? 

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

hiding bryce?

lol y'all are something else.

Here is my take about these crazy takes going around.

Certain people are wanting to see Bryce in preseason so they can critique and overreact to every play he does.  The same type of people that get mad that a 50 yad pass wasn't a TD type of nonsense.  Bryce not playing in the preseason gives them less to complain about so they still turn it into a Bryce thing and scream our staff is "hiding" their starting QB.  I think some people are stuck with Bryce brain.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Certain people are wanting to see Bryce in preseason so they can critique and overreact to every play he does.  The same type of people that get mad that a 50 yad pass wasn't a TD type of nonsense.  Bryce not playing in the preseason gives them less to complain about so they still turn it into a Bryce thing and scream our staff is "hiding" their starting QB.  I think some people are stuck with Bryce brain.  

There will be plenty of ammo to use in the "Bryce sucks" cannon once the real games start. I have no idea what the rush is in that regard.

Who the fug cares about preseason anyway? Bunch of fuging vanilla playcalling and vanilla play. It's glorified practice. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There will be plenty of ammo to use in the "Bryce sucks" cannon once the real games start. I have no idea what the rush is in that regard.

Who the fug cares about preseason anyway? Bunch of fuging vanilla playcalling and vanilla play. It's glorified practice. 

Seriously.  He is our QB this year.  If healthy he will get plenty of opportunities to prove himself and plenty of plays to whine or cry about.  If he sucks again we just move on.  Preseason isn't changing any of this. 

• Beer 1

What happened to the belief that the Oline needed time to gel? Those guys need the reps. Has the starting Oline even had a single practice together this camp?

The Panthers don't have the talent other teams do. The starters getting more reps won't offset that talent difference, but it wouldn't make them worse.

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

What happened to the belief that the Oline needed time to gel? Those guys need the reps. Has the starting Oline even had a single practice together this camp?

The Panthers don't have the talent other teams do. The starters getting more reps won't offset that talent difference, but it wouldn't make them worse.

I don't think the whole unit has been healthy yet.  I think that's part of the problem.  Even our backup OT Yosh is injured.

54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I just want to see how good the chemistry between him and Dionte is so I have a better idea of where to pull the trigger for my flex WR. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I just want to see how good the chemistry between him and Dionte is so I have a better idea of where to pull the trigger for my flex WR. 

That's fair.  I feel like Dionte will be force fed early on, similar to AT last year.  

40 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Injuries have made that difficult.