• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Art Stapleton (NY media) Jaycee Horn possible trade candidate

Such a tough dang call. On one hand, Horn has an injury history. Who's to say he won't get injured again, and he's done, and we missed out on a potential 1st for him. But then again, what if he finally stays healthy and becomes an elite starter for us. Like Lobo said, we can't keep trading away the few good players we have. I don't know what I would do if I was Morgan. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I guess I can see both sides. This is a contract year for arguably a top 5 corner in the league talent wise. He knows it is a contract year. He will find a way to play every game. Believe that.

‘Injury’ could end up costing him million$$$$ of missed money on his next contract. 4 games out this season could easily be a $10 million knock on his next deal, wherever it is. 

So: he is going to play every game. Believe that. He is very capable of having a 7+ pick season. He plays physical and isn’t afraid of stopping the run. 

The pump is primed to be another ‘what the hell do we do now’ type situation. This team CAN’T pay what he will command WHEN the situation unfolds this way. 

This implies that he wasn't really injured those other times which is just demonstrably false.

You can't "gut it out" on a major injury. It's not his call completely even if he wanted to.

He will very likely miss significant time with injury this season. It just is what it is.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This implies that he wasn't really injured those other times which is just demonstrably false.

You can't "gut it out" on a major injury. It's not his call completely even if he wanted to.

He will very likely miss significant time with injury this season. It just is what it is.

Sorry, I admit I was vague with that. Fractures, kind of screwed on that one. Ankle/hammy or soft tissue variety…  A 4 week recovery may end up only taking 2. 

Put another way. Horn, you’ve got a xyz strain.  you have to sit at least a week and these usually take 3 to heal. If you can suit up after 1 week, we’ll pay you 4 million dollars. Does he risk more injury by playing on it, yes, but there’s a lot of money there.

Am I suggesting he’s been dogging it his time here, no. Bro gives it his all every play. Always has.

Horn is a legit stud who has yet to see his ceiling. I love the way he plays the game, but if a team offers up a trade for a baller who could be our starting center or LT for the next 8+ years, or a stud young DE? That’s a tough one to pass up. 

15 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

watch Horn never gets injured again and becomes an all-pro/HOF corner

Same poo that happened with CMC and DJ.  And Burns will probably have 22 sacks this year lol.  This franchise never learns.

34 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Sorry, I admit I was vague with that. Fractures, kind of screwed on that one. Ankle/hammy or soft tissue variety…  A 4 week recovery may end up only taking 2. 

Put another way. Horn, you’ve got a xyz strain.  you have to sit at least a week and these usually take 3 to heal. If you can suit up after 1 week, we’ll pay you 4 million dollars. Does he risk more injury by playing on it, yes, but there’s a lot of money there.

Am I suggesting he’s been dogging it his time here, no. Bro gives it his all every play. Always has.

Horn is a legit stud who has yet to see his ceiling. I love the way he plays the game, but if a team offers up a trade for a baller who could be our starting center or LT for the next 8+ years, or a stud young DE? That’s a tough one to pass up. 

There is no worry of getting a haul for Horn. On the trade market he has pretty limited value. No one is going to trade a haul for a guy as banged up as he is. TBH, we would be lucky to get much more than a third rounder.

IMO, given out situation, we should just stick it out(assuming the price is right). The chances he gets healthy for long stretches of time might be small but we aren’t likely to find a better corner without utilizing another top 10 pick. Obviously we will have ample amounts of those in the coming years but CB isn't likely to be as high of a priority for a while, I would assume.

Let's see how it plays out. Maybe he surprises everyone and actually stays healthy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The problem with trading Jaycee at this point is you would be selling way too low on an asset. No one is going to give us the compensation he is worth (1st round pick + something else) and I don't blame them. He's close to finishing up his rookie contract and hasn't stayed healthy. From a Panthers standpoint it would immediately vault us into the worst CB room in the league and I truly think Jaycee can be a dominant CB in this league. 

Unless someone blows us away with a godfather offer I wouldn't do it. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Absolutely not, no more trading our good players. Can’t build a roster trading them all.

We never should have traded any of those great players…if Morgan and group are actually talking about this we literally have no shot at being a good team.

I feel like people don’t get it…finding great NFL players is extremely hard to do.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1